Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Moving home / no phone no BB

This is a discussion on Moving home / no phone no BB within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Having moved home 3 weeks ago I was prepared not to have bb for a while but now I have ...

smith9891 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0161626
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Moving home / no phone no BB

Having moved home 3 weeks ago I was prepared not to have bb for a while but now I have moved and sky have said that that my bb is working but it is not. Both bt & sky are blaming each other and if anyone can tell me what the best course of action is or whos lying it would be appreciated

Last wednesday was the switc on date. Come home at 5:30 no phone and no bb
      Called bt, fault at exchange, fix by Friday.
      Friday, no fix, no calls nothing. Spoke to BT they said it was a fault with SKY and thats why I had no phone. Asked if SKY provided me with my phone system and not BT (I do tend to the scarcastic!) told that it was a problem with bb that meant the phone was not working. One word answer to that.
      Spoke to BT again and they have said that the sky equipment is faulty and they need a new tie pair number (Or something couldn't quite make it out) and bt had emailed sky.
      Called sky, no record of email, informed me that BT provide them with the tie pair numbers.
      Called BT told me if sky didnt provide them with the number they needed my phone would be working tonight but not bb.
      So - does this sound right, whos lying and what should I do?

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Moving home / no phone no BB

IF there is a PSTN (voice) fault on the line then BB won't work until it's resolved. IF its now resolved then Sky will need to request the BB be rejumpered to the line...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Aye, BT are being a bit naughty there, if the BT/ PSTN line was faulty then it was pretty much down to them.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I agree. BT are liars. They said they would reconnect the voice yesterday(twice) if SKY had not given them the code they needed. Guess what. Today, still no voice and still no bb. Rang Bt who put me through to Openreach without telling me (must be cos I was irate!) knowing that Openreach only deal with businesses. I have decided to let them have a couple of days to sort it out as otherwise I will lose it completely.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

BTW the line was absolutely fine before they tried to connect to SKY bb. The previous occupants had BT Broadband but the markers had all been took off.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well, after hanging onthe phone for over an hour it would appear that BT are liars and never actually connected the bb at all but did mark it on their system as such. Apparently the only way to sort it out is to go through the whole disconnect / reconnect process for another 2 weeks.
      I still for the life of me can't see why such a *simple* process seems to be so complicated!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well, it would appear the cancellation has been rejected for some reason so I now get to hold on for T3 support to find out why. I suspect this means another extra week of no broadband. The kids said all they wanted for christmas was broadband back. I laughed at the time but now I think they may have been right.

BTW L3 told me to claim the money from the calls to TS back - has anyone had any luck with this?

Cheers

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I'd give provisioning a call.

08705 515 515 options 1, 1, 3 (order status)

Ask them what the current state of the broadband is - also ask them the following two questions:

1) Is it cancel failure?
      2) Is a ghost cease needed?

Both of those are fairly simple questions that anyone in provisioning can answer.

Based on the answers to those two questions you might be able to get a bit more advice.
      I am not posting officially on behalf of Sky. I am posting individual thoughts and advice.
      Sky Broadband Provisioning: 08705 515 515 - Option 1, Option 1, Option 3

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for the questions to ask but what am I supposed to do with the answers! ) (not happy with Sky)

Spoke to them tonight and told the cease had failed for reasons unknown and they were going to put the cease through. Refused to put me through to L3 even though the ticket is still open.
      I know it would take just as long to move to another provider but if Sky are unable to reconnect me to broadband would I be within my rights to cancel due to breach of contract and demand a MAC code and not owe any further monies?

Cheers

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smith9891 View Post
      Thanks for the questions to ask but what am I supposed to do with the answers! ) (not happy with Sky)

Spoke to them tonight and told the cease had failed for reasons unknown and they were going to put the cease through. Refused to put me through to L3 even though the ticket is still open.
      I know it would take just as long to move to another provider but if Sky are unable to reconnect me to broadband would I be within my rights to cancel due to breach of contract and demand a MAC code and not owe any further monies?

Cheers
      All the below information could be incorrect, it depends entirely on your individual account

Well basically it sounds like a combination of two problems.

First - the cease has rejected causing a 'cancel failure' on the system. This should only take 1-2 weeks to remove usually.
      Second - if the cease is rejected, that means there will be no completed cease on your phone number on Sky's systems. If they need to add this manually, its more likely to be 2-3 months minimum...

and L3 agents won't be able to do anything, it'll be being dealt with by Provisioning Tier 3 who are outbound only.
      I am not posting officially on behalf of Sky. I am posting individual thoughts and advice.
      Sky Broadband Provisioning: 08705 515 515 - Option 1, Option 1, Option 3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast