Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Compatability check to Migrate from Aol (8mb) to SKY Max?

This is a discussion on Compatability check to Migrate from Aol (8mb) to SKY Max? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Judging by the LLU checker i acan get Aol LLU but dont know if i am actually on it, is ...

wannabgeek is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Clacton-on-sea
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Compatability check to Migrate from Aol (8mb) to SKY Max?

Judging by the LLU checker i acan get Aol LLU but dont know if i am actually on it, is there a way i can check...But dont want to go via Aol helpline as anything they say needs to be taken with a Handfull of salt
      Back to my original Qs: I really dont know what i should do here as i am currently paying over 40£PM for plat but its really gone to Pot since CPW take over...So do i go with the connect at 17£PM (if i cant get max) or do i go with another ISP Any help PS guys its driving me Mad?
      If i do go with connect or max what is the chances of me getting a bad connection (Router probs/line dropping etc)??
      1.16 direct from Clacton-on-sea,s Holland Rd Exchange
      [1.61 Road]

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

You can check if you are LLud by trying THIS speedchecker. If you are on an LLU it will not work and return an error something like-

Unexpected result received when querying the network to find your services connection details. Please try again shortly, but if this problem persists raise the issue with your service provider.
      You may still receive an error if you are on ADSLMax, but if you try a few times it will work. You need your phone number and ADSL username.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

ADSL username! Whats that

I tried it with my Tel No: but got the errors!
      So if i am not LLU'd do i have to wait until my local exchnge gets some more? It seems a hell of a lot of money to be paying £17 (£12 more) for a reduced, Ltd service (connect ) Does not seem fair!!
      Any ideas whats my best option on a non LLU line PS?
      [1.61 Road]

Thanks

The ADSL username/password are the ones you enter in the router to connect to your ISP's servers.

If you are receiving consistent errors with the phone number, you are almost definitely on AOL LLu.

The reason for the difference between Skys LLU and the Connect is that Sky own their LLU equipment, so can give a supply cheaper than they can with Connect. Sky rent the Connect lines from BT and have to pay the full wholesale rate for them. They have to pass this on to the consumer, hence the £17 charge, although they do give a discount if the exchange is going to be upgraded within a few months. £17 is actually at the lower end for a 8MB, 40Gb, supply, especially with a free wireless router thrown in.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

BINGO! Just contacted Sky again and it appears there is now places at my exchange for the Max 16mb! I did not join as i needed to know would i loose my BB connection whilst changing over to LLU, ive heared people waiting as long as 1 month in the past. Would it apply to myself if my line is not LLU'd? Thanks again
      [1.61 Road]

Thanks

I think there is a good chance that you are LLu, but this should not matter, some have had problems changing from one LLU to another, but I am sure many have had no trouble at all. It seems to be a case of making sure the MAC you are given is correct, get it by email if possible, and that it is written down correctly by the Sky rep. Get them to repeat it and make sure Os are not substituted for 0s(zeros).

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12