Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

How long before Im up and running?

This is a discussion on How long before Im up and running? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hey, Im planning on ordering Sky tonight. Our contract with Homecall ends on the 13th, and our line is due ...

lordmuggins is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NINY
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

How long before Im up and running?

Hey,

Im planning on ordering Sky tonight. Our contract with Homecall ends on the 13th, and our line is due to be moved back to BT (line rental) today; hence why we're proceeding with the order today.

I'm hoping for minimal downtime (quick transition). How long before I'm up and running, ie: when my Homecall is disconnected, to when I can plug in Sky and go. Will the router be quick to deliver etc?

Hoping for a seamless transition, as can't afford to be offline for long periods atm.

PS: Any chance I can get a free Sky box from them? Im an existing customer.. but the box we have (3yo PACE) is starting to slow/channels sticking etc.

Thanks

Matt
      Last edited by lordmuggins; 11-10-07 at 11:11 AM.

2. Advertisement
      Clark is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: How long before Im up and running?

I ordered mine on the 16th September and I'm still not online, so that gives you an idea of how long it can take when things go wrong.