Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Test Socket

This is a discussion on Test Socket within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Re No Internet light, Because Sky just don't get back to me & this whole issue is driving me nuts ...

soldapup is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: mountford
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Test Socket

Re No Internet light, Because Sky just don't get back to me & this whole issue is driving me nuts I tried connecting to the Test Socket in the master again, as I have in the past and hay presto an Internet Light and connection. Does this mean I need a new master socket from BT ?. Well done sky if you leave customers long enough they sort it themselves !

2. Advertisement
      greyrider is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: O2
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Test Socket

No, you've just proved that the socket is working fine. Are you using an extension which runs from the master? If so, you've shown the fault to lie with your own internal wiring.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Test Socket

It is possible that Sky have fixed your connection! Does it work when the master socket faceplate is replaced? If it does Sky have fixed it. If it doesn't then your wiring is faulty. Don't bother BT, buy one of THESE and your troubles will be over. BT will supply one, but at a much inflated cost.

I meant to add it is not really cool to start another thread when you have one running on the same subject

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.