Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Broadband Just Like Easter A Movable Feast

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband Just Like Easter A Movable Feast within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I got my Sky Broadband Max several months ago and immeadialtley had a speed problem which was eventualy founf to ...

gig1964 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lancaster
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky Broadband Just Like Easter A Movable Feast

I got my Sky Broadband Max several months ago and immeadialtley had a speed problem which was eventualy founf to be a faulty modem in sky digibox. Digibox replaced and speeds of between 10mbps - 14mbps no problems. Friday morning no DNS resolution so put my back up router on and same problem. Back to the sky router and phone Sky Support. Whilst waiting on phone I opened connection page on router and found it was disconneting every 3 minutes and then reconnecting. Eventually tier 2 reduced my broadband speed to 8mbps but problem still there.

Gort up saturday morning and router still connecting and disconnecting so put spare router on again and everything fine. So rung tech support back and said I must have had 2 problems one being a faulty router. They are sending another. I then asked to have my speed put back after all I am paying for a max package. I was told my line was not capable of more than 8mbps and so it had to stay there (my modems allways previously showed as connected at a little over 15mbps previously now only a little over 7mbps). They say they have reset it back to 16 but my modem still just shows over 7mbps.

Any one any experience or advice to give on this one as I? feel pevied about paying for a service that months down the line has disapeared.

Many thanks

2. Advertisement
      liam22 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: winsford
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband Just Like Easter A Movable Feast

Quote Originally Posted by gig1964 View Post
      Friday morning no DNS resolution so put my back up router on and same problem. Back to the sky router and phone Sky Support. Whilst waiting on phone I opened connection page on router and found it was disconneting every 3 minutes and then reconnecting.
      after 2 months of it running fine, mine also started to do this with the dns, i was unable to connect to the internet, when in the router settings i was getting error message 300, which is no internet connection detected. i was on the phone for a while to sky, they was unable to troubleshoot my probs.

when i was connected, it would then disconnect nearly every 3 mins, now the choice i took was to reflash the routers firmware to the netgear firmware, then i had no problems, but doing this is breaking skys t & c's so i then re-flashed back to the skys firmware today, i have been connected for over an hour and no problems as of yet, touch wood.