Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

i will go to the press believe me

This is a discussion on i will go to the press believe me within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I am fed up with my broadband and i want to cancel. It is pathetic. A complete joke. I worked ...

michellet_04927 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry i will go to the press believe me

I am fed up with my broadband and i want to cancel. It is pathetic. A complete joke. I worked for you for neally a year and always praised you- not any more! after 3 months of waiting for my broadband, i get it and it doesnt work, the staff close down the bloody account, then gives me the wrong package. again it doesnt work and here i go again on the phone trying to get help. after a couple of months more i finally get my broadband and a new account but still on wrong package. so theres me thinking great at last ive got sky broadband. then guess what happens?? yea, after 2 months or even LESS, it breaks down again, i call, call and call. No one knows anything. They went through do this, do this, and do this. And still no ones knows what the problem is. Not even ok lets suspend your account whilst its not working....no its like, you still pay, we dont know hats wrong with your account, but i tell you what you still pay... I DONT THINK SO! I work in a members club when sky direcctors and the highest in the buissness come every so oftern along with press, magazines and other VIPS and i am looking to make a BIG COMPLAINT! U trust me when i say that! I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!

Either someone sorts it out or take me to court because i will not pay enougher penny! Also i plan to add this complaint to anyone website so people thinking of joining can see.

I know its not aimed at one person directly but its aimed at the sky service in general.

My name is Michelle Turner, please get back to me asap.

I dont care what you do..make it work or cancel it. Im not paying for something i dont have and nor would you. I have got the tv broadband and phone with you and will cancel all and switch to anyone but you.

michellet_04927 at hotmail.com
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 06-10-07 at 09:19 PM.

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: i will go to the press believe me

Hi Michelle

Just so you aware, we are not Sky, we are an unofficial help and support forum.

Hope you get your issues sorted soon.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

richone54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: watford
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

It may just be me, i can see you have been having trouble and are very angry, but your post does not give any real infomation and looks like a rant (mabey that is all you are trying to do ?)
      have a look at this link Be warned about Sky and you will see a well laid out and informative letter which i belive made its way to the correct people and was resolved

James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Call 020 7705 3000 and ask for Customer Relations. When a customer's account gets seriously messed up, the people manning the Customer Service phonelines often seem to be powerless to work out what's gone wrong and how to fix it.

I was at the end of my tether with Sky and I phoned Customer Relations. I got a single person investigating the problem, identifying what had gone wrong and fixing the problem. All with regular progress reports and them calling me back everytime they said they were going to call back, without fail. Oh and I also got generous compensation for all the inconvenienced they caused.

Sky's a very successful business, and they didn't get successful by being 100% useless in 100% of cases. All those VIPs and people from the press that will know that, so you telling them in furious tones about how awful Sky is isn't something that anyone's going to get interested in. From the perspective of those people, Sky has messed up one account out of millions - where's the big story? Even if in your case they've messed up pretty badly.

Honestly, getting yourself in a state about this isn't going to help you in the long run. I'm not saying that to defend Sky, I'm saying it because it's good advice, and someone needs to tell it to you.

gdw
      gdw is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bedworth
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by James67 View Post
      Call 020 7705 3000 and ask for Customer Relations. When a customer's account gets seriously messed up, the people manning the Customer Service phonelines often seem to be powerless to work out what's gone wrong and how to fix it.

I was at the end of my tether with Sky and I phoned Customer Relations. I got a single person investigating the problem, identifying what had gone wrong and fixing the problem. All with regular progress reports and them calling me back everytime they said they were going to call back, without fail. Oh and I also got generous compensation for all the inconvenienced they caused.

Sky's a very successful business, and they didn't get successful by being 100% useless in 100% of cases. All those VIPs and people from the press that will know that, so you telling them in furious tones about how awful Sky is isn't something that anyone's going to get interested in. From the perspective of those people, Sky has messed up one account out of millions - where's the big story? Even if in your case they've messed up pretty badly.

Honestly, getting yourself in a state about this isn't going to help you in the long run. I'm not saying that to defend Sky, I'm saying it because it's good advice, and someone needs to tell it to you.
      That's Good Advice

Dont' Phone up ranting as all you will get is cut off be polite but firm don't put up any crap but don't phone up looking for an argument as all you'll do is p1ss off the CS representative trying to help you

It'll may takes 1 or 2 more phone calls but sky will eventually sort it out

you could be doing worse you could be with Virgin

Virgin By Name Virgin By Nature

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Michelle Turner, Also, If you keep log of your communications with Sky (Dates, Names, Extensions) It will usually solve the problems alot faster.

The agent you speak to can go back to that date and check what was done ect and undo those changes.

It also helps in speeding up complaints ect, That way Sky can identify where the problem happened (Miscommunication ect).

Shows like Watchdog (BBC) usually require these from you when you inform them of something like this, So they can ask, In this case Sky how it took so long ect.

As it is even slighly confusing over the forum to understand what has happened and when if its "A month here" then a "few weeks later".

Hope you understand what I mean, and in no way do I blame this on you or am I saying that Sky isnt at fault.