Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

MSN problems after router reset?

This is a discussion on MSN problems after router reset? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi guys, I haven't posted for ages, although I read the forums sometimes. I've had sky about a year now, ...

GlumReaper is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

MSN problems after router reset?

Hi guys,

I haven't posted for ages, although I read the forums sometimes. I've had sky about a year now, and it's been consistently fairly rubbish. I've stuck with it so far because the contract is for a year, and well, it is cheap.

The main problem I have is that the router drops the connection every hour or so, all day long. Sometimes it can last for four hours, sometimes it grinds to a halt within 40 minutes. Anyway, I'm well used to this by now, and just yank the power out of the router and reconnect it after 30 seconds.

The annoying thing that has started recently though, is that once I've reset the router, and it has reconnected, I can no longer access MSN, from any computer, using any client software. Everything else online seems to work fine. This means another reset of the router though, after which MSN connectivity may or may not be restored.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Kurby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: MSN problems after router reset?

yeah this has happened to me twice, i could sign into my account using a web messenger but not sign in using msn i restarted by computer and msn sign in but i think it has something to do with the ports, i have read somewhere that sometimes the ports get bloacked by some routers

chrisc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01204
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: MSN problems after router reset?

yes this has been happening to me aswell more and more over last month,think sky will b goin in bin after 12months is up.