Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Intermittent connections and disconnects on Broadband Max Plan

This is a discussion on Intermittent connections and disconnects on Broadband Max Plan within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, Have to agree with: may be better to see how connection is for a while, You seem to have ...

Anomie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lancaster
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Intermittent connections and disconnects on Broadband Max Plan

Hi,
      Have to agree with:
      may be better to see how connection is for a while,
      You seem to have made excellent progress so far. Can you put in your new faceplate (ADSLNation also sell cheapish CAT5 dsl cable too), run it for several hours and then post up your new extended stats.?

Your original stats were pretty dire. In one 15 min period you had over 10 CRC error per second and this alone must be robbing you of speed. I think, if you'd rung Sky with those stats they might have raised your interleave depth to the max and probably capped you too, so well done for holding your horses. Once you've got your line stats to an acceptible level maybe then you might feel the want/need to try and get your interleave depth lowered to lower your pings but why not get your line up to par first? Looking forward to seeing your new stats.
      Regards,
      Graham
      Last edited by Anomie; 30-09-07 at 06:14 PM.
      Graham Cutting

2. Advertisement
      HyperDawn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Talking Re: Intermittent connections and disconnects on Broadband Max Plan

Just to let you know I installed my ADSL Nation faceplate today.. so now everything's all pretty. Just waiting on the postman to get here with my new wireless adapter so I can get a proper speedtest.

I lowered my sync to 6.6mbit from 7.8mbit and errors are almost non-existent, so going I'm going to up it slowly till I get to the peak.

After it's been running smooth for a day I'll let you know my new stats and speedtest.

Thanks for all your help!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123