Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Someone PLEASE explain how this works to me - moving to Sky

This is a discussion on Someone PLEASE explain how this works to me - moving to Sky within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hey, We are with Pipex Homecall, Phone, Line Rental and Broadband. We want to switch to Sky Broadband - they ...

lordmuggins is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NINY
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Someone PLEASE explain how this works to me - moving to Sky

Hey,

We are with Pipex Homecall, Phone, Line Rental and Broadband. We want to switch to Sky Broadband - they are offering us 5GBP a month Connect because our exchange is due to be unbundled within 6 months.

We were advised on forums that we have to get our line rental back to BT in order to do this, as we currently pay it to Homecall. So, we called BT and asked to go back to Option 1, line rental only. A family member called; and it turns out you can only do that by use of a 12-month contract, so they did that.

Now, my question is, in 6 months time when Sky LLU our exchange, they naturally want to take our line rental too -- except we would have 6 months contract remaining with BT surely?

I dont understand this -- I thought you only had a 1 month rolling contract when going to BT Option 1.. it makes no sense.

Thanks

Matt

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Someone PLEASE explain how this works to me - moving to Sky

No, Sky do not insist you have line rental with them. In fact I don't know if they even do it yet. You can have calls with them either free or for 5 or not at all, but this does not mean rental with them. You are definitely doing the best thing going back to BT before you change, you will have less problems.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.