Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Moving from an unbundled ISP to Sky

This is a discussion on Moving from an unbundled ISP to Sky within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well good luck and I hope it all goes to plan for you...

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well good luck and I hope it all goes to plan for you
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

2. Advertisement
      zrerz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wallasey
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Q router
      Sky TV: Sky Q silver
      Thanks
      Thanks Ray.
      Dave

Zipie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by zrerz View Post
      Thanks Ray.
      Hi,

Just wanted to know how you got on as i'm tring to switch from ukonline to sky but i've been told to wait 5 weeks??? Crazy

Thanks
      Well folks, some sad reading for everyone, so please bear with me.

As most of you know, I left UKonline to try and join Sky's 16 meg max service, UKOnline kept their word, and cleared my line of their service and tag on Monday, 25 September.

On the next morning, checked and confirmed with BT Wholesale that my line was indeed clear, so at 8-30 am, rang Sky, and Sky person Nick took the order, he rings back at 9-55, to confirm order OK, and I thank him, and left him to sort things out his end.
      At 10-30am, Sky girl rings me, saying that BT has rejected the order. I ask why, she says because two orders were submitted by sky to BT, so they (BT) rejected it.

From this moment on, total nightmare, so be warned!

It transpires, or so I'm told, that the guy who took my order was way from his desk, and tried to enter my details from memory, eventualy having to ask someone else to obtain more of my details from my sky tv account, hence the **** up, and two orders being presented to BT wholesale?

I'm now told that a third person has become involved, and a proper order has been passed and accepted by BT, and to go live in the Birkenhead exchange on the 5th of october, wonderfull says I, but sadly no.

I'm informed that sky use two internal computer systems, Penfold and Cordiant, and unless these two systems both confirm the same details, that although the equipment is live at the exchange, 16meg LLU placed by easynet on behalf of SKY, that Sky would now treat this as a ghost order, and not allow any connection to it either internally or externally, meaning that the suppliers of Sky's routers would not now dispatch any equipment to me, so still dead in the water connection wise.

I'm told to ring order status line each day, which I do, to be told a multitude of excuses, lies, and michief, all of which means I'm still without connection, and stuck at an impass, as no one at Sky will request BT to remove the installed equipment at the exchange, and allow me to re-submit my order to Sky sales.

8 managers were supposed to do a cease order on my order and line via the echo system ISP's are supposed to use, nothing happens!
      Sky staff love emailing each other, the front line guys are unable to do anything, so have to email managers, who are supposed to talk via email to the provisioning team in the Sky back office, nothing happens.

Two weeks are now past, I speak to a guy called Joe, part of Sky's SRT team, who's job it is to deal with cases like mine, his hands are tied, the system is too complex, and after I ask him about manually overiding the two internal systems, Penfold and Cordiant, am told this can't be done, no one can do this?

I write three recorded delivery letters to Sky's customer services, dated 2nd, 3rd, and 6th october, no replies to any!
      Now, by special delivery,costing 4.50p, I send all the details to James Murdoch, Sky's CEO in London, asking for help, and to request his involvement to move past this block facing me via his Livingston staff.

I'm still without service, and now it's Friday, 20th October, I'm now told by Joe that BT have removed the equipment, but, I can't place my order after all?

I'm informed that the dreaded Sky computers are saying the exchange is full, so the only service I can have from Sky is it's connect service, no, no way says I, how can it be full when Joe admits there are 10 cards showing at the birkenhead exchange, including the one I've just come off, so how can it be full?

Enough is enough, I rang BT and placed order for it's total broadband at 4pm, and will go live on the 27th of october, this coming friday.
      I'll be getting the full 8 meg as I'm so close to the exchange.

So folks, if you've made it this far, treat what I've stated as a word of warning before you too fall into any problems with Sky!
      Last edited by zrerz; 21-10-06 at 09:59 PM.
      Dave

Thanks

further question

Is anyone else having these troubles?

I gave up in the end, and went to BT on its total broadband package, no worries at all now.
      Dave

keith_thfc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Dave

Sorry to hear you had such bad luck with this.

It doesn't give you much confidence if SKY can't even migrate you from one of their sister companies.

Will you stay with BT for a while now? Do you have any other LLU providers in your area where you could move to in the future?

Keith
      -----------------------------------------
      Currently with be* there LLU ADSL+2 (ex AOL/f2s/Zen/Orange).

getting 6.5 meg down/1.1 meg up

madman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wandsworth
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      i hear be* are good. i'll be moving there if my sky connection does not go well.

Thanks

no to sky

Hi Kieth,

Yeah, signed 18 month contract with BT for option 3 total broadband, so I'll be staying with them.
      In all honesty, I find BT OK, especially after the sky sillyness.
      Now I can use the net whenever I need to, and not wait for endless reasons why I can't get activated by Sky's drones.
      Dave

Peter Mayley is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01344
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Moving from an unbundled ISP to Sky

Moving from Talk Talk to Sky - I have 3 small businesses running from home so connection is vital but Talk Talk dies in the afternoon and the Sky offer of a complete re wire and upgrade from the exchange to home was attractive and my wife watches TV while I work!
      I was told by sales team I did NOT need a MAC code and it would all be done for me with no more than an hour down time! Lost Talk Talk phone and broadband on Tue 7/9 and Sky phone came on immediately but Sky technical tell me that they will despatch my router "soon" and that it will be at least 2 weeks before I am on their broadband!!

Any suggestions please? They say I cannot use my Belkin router and wont give me any loggon data to re connect now which is what Talk Talk did when I joined them

Help please - the coffee shop bill for getting internet access is crippling!

Peter

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Moving from an unbundled ISP to Sky

Sky don't:

1. Allow the use of non-Sky routers (it's in the T&Cs)
      2. Support business use (it's in the T&Cs)

Moving with something quite as important might not have been a wise move
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast