Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

limited connectivity via ethernet

This is a discussion on limited connectivity via ethernet within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; i had a small problem connecting to Sky Broadband this morning. The network box was stating 'limited connectivity' and would ...

levineg is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Whitefield
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

limited connectivity via ethernet

i had a small problem connecting to Sky Broadband this morning. The network box was stating 'limited connectivity' and would not find an IP address for my computer. i coudn't even access the control panel of my router.

I phoned sky broadband and after going through various different trouble shooting options, he then told me to unplug the router and switch back on again.

Connectivity was then restored and i was able to browse the Web again

Does anybody know why this would happen and whether there is a problem with the router or my computer?

What is the best way to avoid this from happening again

Any advice would be much appreciated

2. Advertisement
      slinky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: limited connectivity via ethernet

"limited connectivety" is (probably) down to your network card assigning an auto configuration address because it was unable to pick up one from your dhcp server (router).
      It sounds like your router had just stopped responding or a cabling issue perhaps. Some times clicking "Repair connection" works if you had booted your pc before your router came on, but this normally happens automatically.