Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tier 3 - Max Delays Update

This is a discussion on Tier 3 - Max Delays Update within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by plank If i am not mistaken they brought easynet? Which have MANY years of experiance. I think ...

Perseus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Tier 3 - Max Delays Update

Quote Originally Posted by plank View Post
      If i am not mistaken they brought easynet? Which have MANY years of experiance. I think the problems you are finding (bad customer service) boils down to 3 things. (1)Firstly outsourcing to poeple who dont know what they are talking about. (2)Secondly getting enough people to help answer phones. (3)Getting more tier 3 support, and get it direct to the customer.
      Sky and the outsourcers agree to Service Level Agreements.

1. The outsourcers were used by Easynet for years before Sky came along. The outsourcers often know more about how aspects of the business run than the client so to say 'people who don't know what they are talking about' is rather an ignorant statement. Also, Sky has taken a proportion of the broadband back in house; this is often how outsourcing operates. Additionally it is worthwhile noting that Sky decides how the people you speak to on the phone give you information, respond to your questions/requests, what is in their capabilities to do for you, and indeed their training whether you are speaking to inhouse call centre agents, or outsourced ones.

2. If Sky wanted a call centre of 1000 people to answer broadband calls, it would pay for them. If Sky wants 200 people to answer broadband calls within certain service level agreements, they it would pay for them

3. See 1 and 2.

2. Advertisement
      plank is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

1. The outsourcers were used by Easynet for years before Sky came along. The outsourcers often know more about how aspects of the business run than the client so to say 'people who don't know what they are talking about' is rather an ignorant statement. Also, Sky has taken a proportion of the broadband back in house; this is often how outsourcing operates. Additionally it is worthwhile noting that Sky decides how the people you speak to on the phone give you information, respond to your questions/requests, what is in their capabilities to do for you, and indeed their training whether you are speaking to inhouse call centre agents, or outsourced ones.

2. If Sky wanted a call centre of 1000 people to answer broadband calls, it would pay for them. If Sky wants 200 people to answer broadband calls within certain service level agreements, they it would pay for them
      1) Fair point - perhaps then the people need to have more free will to be able to help solve problems.

2) Err.... not really. I am a member of a phone only bank. They answer the phone quickly and deal with my issue. However my experiance with sky is you can be on the phone for 20 mins without an answer. As far as i am aware there is nothing to do with this in there SLA? I personally do not believe there is enough people to answer calls within a reasonable period. To say to this that sky have as many people as they want is just silly. Of course Sky has as many as they want - they hired them....
      What it doesnt mean is they have enough to give a good level of customer service? That is surely for the populus of the customer to decide - not sky!

Dan

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plank View Post
      1) Fair point - perhaps then the people need to have more free will to be able to help solve problems.

2) Err.... not really. I am a member of a phone only bank. They answer the phone quickly and deal with my issue. However my experiance with sky is you can be on the phone for 20 mins without an answer. As far as i am aware there is nothing to do with this in there SLA? I personally do not believe there is enough people to answer calls within a reasonable period. To say to this that sky have as many people as they want is just silly. Of course Sky has as many as they want - they hired them....
      What it doesnt mean is they have enough to give a good level of customer service? That is surely for the populus of the customer to decide - not sky!

Dan
      I'd say its definitely up to Sky - their losing money a rate of 400,000 a day from the broadband side of things, its a 'cheap-as-chips' product and to be honest, I'm fairly certain only there to draw people in to purchasing a TV package. If you want freephone instantly answered support, go with a premium provider... Outsourcers are paid to work x number of hours on the phone (this is how it works across all industries). Anything worked over those x hours isn't paid for.

In terms of people having free will, (I can only speak from my experience in provisioning here), we are given specific escalation processes to follow. Front office provisioning is an inbound only team designed to provide information to customers. We can give you as much information as you request but can only fix a few things on the call - the majority of problems need to be escalated, and again, when we're working with timescales of months for some things, this is generally down to problems with our software developer.

Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I'd say its definitely up to Sky - their losing money a rate of 400,000 a day from the broadband side of things
      I think you better tell your boss JM about this, I am sure he doesn't realize he is loosing nearly 150,000,000 a year on broadband. According to the latest Sky Profits it only cost a bit over 60M to set the whole broadband scheme up. Nothing there about heavy losses in fact things are looking quite rosy

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      I think you better tell your boss JM about this, I am sure he doesn't realize he is loosing nearly 150,000,000 a year on broadband. According to the latest Sky Profits it only cost a bit over 60M to set the whole broadband scheme up. Nothing there about heavy losses in fact things are looking quite rosy
      I was going by this BBC article which segments the profits...

Sky Broadband reported a net operating loss of 169m, but signed up 716,000 new subscribers.
      The maths have been done on here before - even max customers generate a very small amount of profit once you take into account equipment, router, bandwith and connection costs..

Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Quote:
      Sky Broadband reported a net operating loss of 169m, but signed up 716,000 new subscribers.
      The maths have been done on here before - even max customers generate a very small amount of profit once you take into account equipment, router, bandwith and connection costs..
      This represents a loss to Sky of about 2.40 per subscriber, which will not be ongoing, as included in this, will be the cost of routers, exchange equipment etc. Although it is a bit of a 'loss leader' at the moment, Sky expect to make a healthy profit on Broadband in the future. I hope they do, or I will be selling my shares

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I think Sky are banking on people buying movies etc via their broadband once VOD is launched, so definitely a long term investment.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Sky are already providing a TV service over broadband in Italy, but there it's being done through Telecom Italia broadband connections. The profit potential of providing IPTV through their own broadband connections here in the UK is considerable.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

If you want freephone instantly answered support, go with a premium provider.
      I never said i wanted freephone or instantly answered. From my experiance of sky and from some views on here i dont believe the speed of answering the phone is adaquate.

In my view if a person believes that amount of time they have waited to have a call answered is not worth waiting (and hang up after 20 mins) then sky is making customers feel like they do not matter. This is not about having phones answered instantly (thats unrealistic)- but having the customer feel that they havent spent a time online that is seen as unrealistic by the customer.

I must also say that from my experiance (I only have mine to go on) Sky were very quick to answer the phone to take my money when i wanted to order (instantly - top notch i must say) - but when i wanted to phone up to check the order status, i waited for 20mins before i gave up). That says alot to me.

I am not by any means unhappy with sky - i know you get what you pay for. But tell you the truth, i dont mind paying sky my money (like getting lots of services at one place) - but what i would like is the feeling that help is just a short phone call away - not instant.

Just to clarify - i do like sky - i am migrating my mum over soon. I just believe that sky need to improve some areas - no company is perfect. But for me Sky could be quite close!

Dan

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I'd say its definitely up to Sky
      And BTW i didnt say it wasnt up to sky how many people they had - i said it was up to the subscribers if this amount was enough to give good customer service. This is the case as it is only the customer who feels if they have had good CS not sky!

If sky do not believe the above they are in trouble as they need to realise that any companies biggest criticts are often the customers. If customers believe that the service is not good enough they will vote with there feet.

I think the majority of what i have seen with Sky is great - they just are 100% there from what i have seen on the forum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12