Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

adsl2+

This is a discussion on adsl2+ within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; interesting,it looks like I"ve seen too.Told I can get 8-16 mb but expected about 11 but no change at all ...

argyle is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Re: adsl2+

interesting,it looks like I"ve seen too.Told I can get 8-16 mb but expected about 11 but no change at all when upgraded to max.My upload speed increased only and I remained on G.dmt.So contacted support and managed to get through to tier 3 who very pleasent but told I am getting the max rate for my line(was getting 6-7 on mid and stayed the same on max).Agreed to change my max delays to 8 which has really helped with pings and gaming.

But told to stay on the current setting to avoid any future problems.

Looks like they are doing this for any easy life.

The question is I was told by customer services I can expect speeds of between 8-16 but they havent tried to change me onto adsl2 when I upgraded.
      Do I complain again or just be happy with my current 6-7 rate and my good ping rates?

2. Advertisement
      jasonpi is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: aberdeen north
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: adsl2+

i would complain u shud be on adsl2+ regardless unless ur line is dire!!!! i mean BE* dont take it upon themselfs to decide who can and cant have the service, with be u go straight onto there llu service i.e adsl2+ and you synch at what your line is capable of.

James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Well, it's a moot point. I don't think it's the case that every line will be better on ADSL2+ than on ADSL1. In some cases, a line which syncs with the exchange using ADSL1 reliably at a speed below 8Mbit/sec, might actually be less reliable with ADSL2+ - it all depends on the nature of the noise on the line.

But I think Sky do deserve some criticism here. It's clear to me that they're providing broadband with an agenda. There's a clear motive to provide an ADSL service which leaves open possibilities in the IPTV market, and that means sometimes that their service is to the detriment of other typical broadband activities such as gaming. There's no openness about that agenda though.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jasonpi View Post
      point is my old connection was 8128/832 an office product from adsl24 which was the dogs ******** and if i thought i couldnt get more than 8 meg do you think i would opt for a poorer service??? now on interleaved with treble pings and a smaller upload allowance
      you can't complain about the uploads as its stated that uploads are at most 768 on Max - and remember this is a consumer service so going from a business service to a consumer one is going to have differences.

Sky are well within their right to choose which mode to put a line at - they have to take into account possible calls to tech supports so they can employ/train the right people...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

im not just complaining about uploads im complaining about how they see fit to put u on a service u didnt agree too

Thanks

well as it's UP TO 16MB any speed from 1MB-16MB falls into the service technically....

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

ur missing the point do u think i wud have left adsl24 for an interleaved connecton and lower upload speed if i knew i wouldnt get close to a 16mb connection?? if it dont get sorted il mac back to them coz i wud rather pay 3 times more for a decent service with decent tech support than the service i currently get now

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^

Maybe you would like to post your detailed stats, members could then try to improve your connection. I can assure you there have been many who came on this forum complaining about their speed and ended up more than happy. There is a certain Welsh bloke who would disagree, but he is well in the minority.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

since i got put onto adsl max last year i had a connection of 8128/832 ds atten of 21 now when i went to sky i assumed i wud get very close to 16mb now im not and also im synching at 8096/768 i shud be on adsl2+ my line warrants it wouldnt you agree...when i foned on behalf of my girlfriend i spoke to tier3 and they switched it on now she synchs at 11997/768 and she has an attenuation of 35.5 and my line is much better then hers

Thanks

so you have to call for urself and get it switched - might be better to ring in an hours time perhaps....should get through quicker

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast