Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How long to an activation date?

This is a discussion on How long to an activation date? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, Just beginning to get a bit nervy twitchy - I signed up 8 days ago for SKY BB Mid ...

Meteosat is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Porthcawl (S.Wales)
      Broadband ISP: BT INFINITY
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

How long to an activation date?

Hi,

Just beginning to get a bit nervy twitchy - I signed up 8 days ago for SKY BB Mid - along with the TV package. The TV went through fine, installed Wednesday. But no indication of an activation date for BB by e-mail or letter. Not sure if this is the norm. I supplied a MAC at the time of registration - it was accepted as valid and is OK for another three weeks or so. I've e-mailed SKY but no response yet, just wondered how long from sign-up to being given a date - is there any way I can check with SKY apart from an expensive phone call?

Cheers

2. Advertisement
      James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: How long to an activation date?

You should get a letter with an activation date any day soon now. Sky use TNT's letter service to send letters out, and in my experience, this means that letters often seem to take a week to get from Sky to my house.

I signed up on the 1st September and my line was activated on the 12th. When I placed my order, I asked how long it typically took to get activated and they said, "If you give me a second, I can actually get the exact date for you..." and it was the right date. If I remember correctly, I didn't get the letter with the activation date until the 10th.

Exchange:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Forgot to mention that if you have a username and password for the BT website, you can find out your activation date from that. Go to BT.com and select "Small and medium business" (yes, even if you're a home customer. Click on the login link and login. Then select "order tracking" in the Help and Support section. Finally, select "Track your landline order" (yes, that one, not the broadband order option).

There should be at least one item listed and it'll have a due date showing. The exact details of the order will be in BT gobbledy-gook.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by James67 View Post
      You should get a letter with an activation date any day soon now. Sky use TNT's letter service to send letters out, and in my experience, this means that letters often seem to take a week to get from Sky to my house.

I signed up on the 1st September and my line was activated on the 12th. When I placed my order, I asked how long it typically took to get activated and they said, "If you give me a second, I can actually get the exact date for you..." and it was the right date. If I remember correctly, I didn't get the letter with the activation date until the 10th.

Many thanks for that - I'll leave my twitchy finger off the dialler for another couple of days then...;-))

Cheers

Thanks

Forgot to mention that if you have a username and password for the BT website, you can find out your activation date from that. Go to BT.com and select "Small and medium business" (yes, even if you're a home customer. Click on the login link and login. Then select "order tracking" in the Help and Support section. Finally, select "Track your landline order" (yes, that one, not the broadband order option).

There should be at least one item listed and it'll have a due date showing. The exact details of the order will be in BT gobbledy-gook.
      Unfortunately I get the following error message -

Order tracking

Please call 0800 022 3081.

Unfortunately it is not possible to track your order online. To find out the progress of your order please call 0800 022 3081.
      Don't know why so I'm using the phone number as I type...

Cheers

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Provisioning are the best team to ask - 08702 420 543 (I think) or 08705 515 515 option 1, option 1, option 3

The more important question is probably are you on connect or base/mid/max?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSx View Post
      Provisioning are the best team to ask - 08702 420 543 (I think) or 08705 515 515 option 1, option 1, option 3

The more important question is probably are you on connect or base/mid/max?
      That's the best answer yet - you get the claret jug! SKY have given me the activation date for Tuesday 25th - so hopefull all OK. BT incidentally were pants - I waited 1hr 10 minutes to speak to a girl who just said that her computer couldn't give her access to that data - yet she was at the end of the number on the web site!!

Ah well, I will rest a little more easily now!

Cheers and thanks!

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I can't imagine working in the BT call centre... the number of times I've heard "it took me an hour to get through", I can't imagine they ever get any rest!

James' answer was the best without phoning (which is what you originally requested so he should get the 'Claret Jug' (I had to wiki to find out what that was!)

Exchange:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I have this amusing picture of someone at the BT call centre looking very confused at a computer screen which says, "The requested information is not available, please call 0800 022 3081." So they ring that number and someone else at the call centre tries to get the information and they get, "The requested information is not available, please call 0800 022 3081." So they ring that number, and so on and so on.

One call from Meteosat probably tied up half the call centre staff before someone realised, "Hey that's our number!"

Thanks

I have this amusing picture of someone at the BT call centre looking very confused at a computer screen which says, "The requested information is not available, please call 0800 022 3081." So they ring that number and someone else at the call centre tries to get the information and they get, "The requested information is not available, please call 0800 022 3081." So they ring that number, and so on and so on.

One call from Meteosat probably tied up half the call centre staff before someone realised, "Hey that's our number!"
      Actually I managed to connect the girl to the speaking clock ;-))
      Can't fault SKY - there wasn't even time for one ring before a very pleasant support person answered and dealt efficiently with the query. And just as good - the on-line form query of last night came back with similar information personally delivered this afternoon. First Class service. A hard copy had apparantly been sent out on 14/10, but he's sending a duplicate - what can I say!! (Ordered several more claret jugs!!)

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast