Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How long to an activation date?

This is a discussion on How long to an activation date? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Just to add - the original activation date letter sent 14/9 via TNT via Royal Mail arrived this morning. Likely ...

Meteosat is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Porthcawl (S.Wales)
      Broadband ISP: BT INFINITY
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: How long to an activation date?

Just to add - the original activation date letter sent 14/9 via TNT via Royal Mail arrived this morning. Likely to get a duplicate now in another ten days time!!

2. Advertisement
      blisteringblue is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Horwich
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I'm the same as you I have my letter from sky telling me activation is Tuesday 25th, checked on the bt.com website and it says exactly the same !!

Just waiting for the router now !! This is when I might fall out with sky, I've told the kids to be prepared for up to 10 days downtime. Just don't know why they can't give out the proper username and password !!

Update: OK I might take that back, just rung customer services and they tell me the router was picked up by parcel force on Friday for delivery tomorrow, and I even have the tracking number to see when !! Can't fault them so far !!
      Last edited by blisteringblue; 23-09-07 at 02:07 PM.

James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blisteringblue View Post
      Update: OK I might take that back, just rung customer services and they tell me the router was picked up by parcel force on Friday for delivery tomorrow, and I even have the tracking number to see when !! Can't fault them so far !!
      Well that's good news. Once the router is in Parcelforce's hands, then that's half the worry over. The other half of the worry comes when you discover that "plug-in-and-go" broadband often… erm… doesn't.

blisteringblue is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Horwich
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by James67 View Post
      Well that's good news. Once the router is in Parcelforce's hands, then that's half the worry over. The other half of the worry comes when you discover that "plug-in-and-go" broadband often… erm… doesn't.
      LOL, we shall see, luckily (or unluckily) IT is my job so I can have a good fiddle once I get it. I'm going to see how the Sky router performs but I half expect to "extract" my credentials and load up my existing one, although I actually use the same Netgear 834GT router anyway. I just don't like the thought of being "locked out" of the router in any way. (It's the techie in me )

I actually work from home so glad it's all coming together nicely, I was getting ready to actually drive to some of our depots a lot more this week but "touch wood" I should be OK !!

PS. Just tested the tracking number with parcel force and it has indeed arrived at the Preston Depot early Saturday morning !!

Meteosat is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Porthcawl (S.Wales)
      Broadband ISP: BT INFINITY
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blisteringblue View Post
      PS. Just tested the tracking number with parcel force and it has indeed arrived at the Preston Depot early Saturday morning !!
      So your router is en route then! Let's hope Preston does port forwarding - oops Preston isn't a port ;-))

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12