Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Urgent help needed!!

This is a discussion on Urgent help needed!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; 2 Weeks ago i attempted to flash my netgear router. During the process with the netgear firmware upgrade windows Vista ...

ToxicData is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Urgent help needed!!

2 Weeks ago i attempted to flash my netgear router. During the process with the netgear firmware upgrade windows Vista crashed as it was clearing the flash rom. I am now left with a netgear router flashing green and orange. I tried to reflash but it is not appearing as a device to flash using the netgear recovery program.

I have another router which suprise suprise connects at a faster speed but i do not know my username and password as for some reason my .cfg file did not contain the data. I know my username for the router is mac address@skydsl right? but what is the password? the serial number??? can anyone help with this or a way to force my router to accept a flash file...

2 weeks ago i contacted sky support to buy a new router off them, 2 weeks later and after many calls sky have mucked me about no end. all i wanted was another router paid for or not. I have now requested my mac code because of being mucked about so so much it is beyond belief really. Can anyone help?

Many Thanks

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Urgent help needed!!

because you've flashed ur router you've broken T&C's so no wonder they're ignoring you....
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

the password is random and stored in the router firmware....you could try and restore the Sky firmware off the CD tho....

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

ToxicData is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hang on a sec, if i want to pay for a new router, how hard is it to get? anyway how do i flash the original firmware if the netgear recovery utility will not see the router?

Thanks

all the documentation is on the CD, as for buying a router - Sky don't sell them so no idea how you can a new one without it going through tech support

James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

If the Netgear recovery utility won't reflash the router, I really have no idea what will. Try removing the power from the router, pressing and holding the reset button while you put the power connector back in, keeping the reset button in for a good 20 seconds after power up. Then try the Netgear recovery utility again. That's the best I can suggest really.

Sky have been having problems dispatching routers to all customers recently. My line was switched over to Sky more than a week ago and I still haven't received my router. I don't suppose someone who wilfully broke their router is likely to get any kind of preferential treatment in the circumstances, even if they are offering to pay for it.

And if you were about to do something as risky as reflashing your router, why on earth didn't you check you had successfully extracted your connection username and password before you started doing it? That really was quite reckless.