Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Activated but no worky

This is a discussion on Activated but no worky within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; coupla hours since sync, and I am now syncd at 6144kbps down 64 kbps up, and am getting actuall download ...

OliverTomlinson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01623
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Activated but no worky

coupla hours since sync, and I am now syncd at 6144kbps down 64 kbps up, and am getting actuall download speeds reminscent of 2mb broadband.

Things are improving.. but still getting no wherenear 6mb broadband speeds.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

@ OliverTomlinson
      Maybe you should open your own thread and ask for help in improving your connection. First run TCP Otimiser to make sure your PC is properly set up.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Stinky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01225
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by James67 View Post
      Moving to Sky involves a BT engineer visiting the exchange to physically move your connection onto Sky's own ADSL equipment. Activation dates have never been entirely accurate and that's down to BT.

Were you previously using a different broadband provider? If so, try going back to using whatever you used to connect to them and see if that still works. If it does, keep things like that until it stops working, then change over to using Sky's router.
      my PlusNet Connection stopped working on 19th,i then opened the letter sky sent afterwards on the same day. so as far as i can see, i am already switched over to Sky. yet they still quote this 3 days thing!

dangermouse74 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Spoke to Sky Friday night. Round 1 - Sky tier 2 stated that tags on my line prevented the broadband working, speak to BT. I spoke to BT they cleared the tags (from my old ISP!!). Round 2 - After about 30mins speaking to tier 1 (overseas call centre) spoke to tier 3, they checked my line again but still no internet, tone test failed again. They have passed the problem on to BT. This will take at least 3-5 days!!!!!
      Why is it so hard. moved from ISP to ISP in the past but had no problems

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

IF there are no tags on the line - there will also be no Sky so cease & reprovide will be needed - looking at around 2 weeks min before service is back - unless its just BB unjumpered from the line and BT will just rejumper the line.....and don't blame Sky too much, it was ur old ISP that's screwed this up for you
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12