Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Slow uploads problems accessing gmail

This is a discussion on Slow uploads problems accessing gmail within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have been BB max for the last few months everything has been fantastic until last night and today, when ...

shlurple is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMHUCKN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Slow uploads problems accessing gmail

I have been BB max for the last few months everything has been fantastic until last night and today, when my connection has been diabolical. basic browsing is fine 70% of the time, other times its slow like igoogle and logging into gmail, access my company webmail. I think the uploads is the issue as I have tried speedtest.net and the upload won't even start, attaching small files to emails takes for ever. I contact Sky 4 times (first 3 only got to level 1 support), the last go to the next level he tried to access the sky exchange and could not login and said this may be the reason why, also stated it could take up to 48 hours for the engineers to fix it. am i being fobbed off.

is anyone experiencing the same thing?

here are my stats

System Up Time 00:33:39
      Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
      WAN PPPoA 5214 7362 0 571 4109 00:32:53
      LAN 10M/100M 1903 0 0 76 0 00:33:37
      WLAN 11M/54M/108M 9729 7145 0 4269 652 00:33:27

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 6240 kbps 768 kbps
      Line Attenuation 54.0 db 31.5 db
      Noise Margin 6.1 db 12.0 db

2. Advertisement
      lynda0808 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: mitcham
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Slow uploads problems accessing gmail

I have had trouble with my bb I am on max too I have called sky twice today they say that they cannot check my line at the moment and to call back later I think i will leave it til tomorrow calling sky gives me a headache

youreds91 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hucknall
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Slow uploads problems accessing gmail

Quote Originally Posted by shlurple View Post
      I have been BB max for the last few months everything has been fantastic until last night and today, when my connection has been diabolical. basic browsing is fine 70% of the time, other times its slow like igoogle and logging into gmail, access my company webmail. I think the uploads is the issue as I have tried speedtest.net and the upload won't even start, attaching small files to emails takes for ever. I contact Sky 4 times (first 3 only got to level 1 support), the last go to the next level he tried to access the sky exchange and could not login and said this may be the reason why, also stated it could take up to 48 hours for the engineers to fix it. am i being fobbed off.

is anyone experiencing the same thing?
      Hi, I migrated from F2S to Sky yesterday & am on your exchange. Browsing is awful but p2p is flying. Hope they sort it soon.

Youreds!