Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Lose internet every 10 minutes

This is a discussion on Lose internet every 10 minutes within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well, that's a pretty weird situation. Like I said, I pretty much 100% sure that this isn't a problem with ...

James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Lose internet every 10 minutes

Well, that's a pretty weird situation. Like I said, I pretty much 100% sure that this isn't a problem with your broadband connection. If you can't connect to the router, then that suggests that something is disabling your network port on the PC. The 10 minute thing might suggest some kind of malware on your PC, but viruses don't as a rule like to destroy their means of reproduction, so that seems unlikely.

Hmmmm, what to suggest? Go into the Device Manager via the Control Panel, find the entry for your network connection (it'll be under Network Adapters). right click and select uninstall. When you reboot the PC, it should rediscover the the network port and reinstall the software for it. There's some kind of a chance that might help, but in all honesty, it's a shot in the dark.

2. Advertisement
      KELLYLOUJ is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Lose internet every 10 minutes

I have had the same problem with my router disconnecting me exactly every 10 mins and this resulted in having to reboot every time. Got onto sky went through several things to see what was going wrong and there was no problem with the connection but sky refused to believe that it was a faulty router, until we complained again and said that there was a faulty batch we now have new router which doesnt disconnect so it has solved that problem but now we cannot get online at all!! Past 2 days we have been unable to go online due to a problem at the exchange all to familiar response to the questions we ask the staff. When will there finally be a reliable, consistent service?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12