Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Nobroadband connection let alone wireless

This is a discussion on Nobroadband connection let alone wireless within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; After weeks of waiting I finally managed to get my router and sat down on saturday excited about going wireless ...

Redzak is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Sky TV:

Angry Nobroadband connection let alone wireless

After weeks of waiting I finally managed to get my router and sat down on saturday excited about going wireless for the first time. Unfortunately, that excitement was short-lived when I discovered that wireless also meant broadband less!!

Loaded everything the CD ok, then when it got to the end, It popped up with some condescending message saying something like "hmm, there is no internet connection". This time I wasn't even paying the extortionate sky call charges to get abused, my own computer was doing it for me!

Anyway, rang up sky and they did the test on the router. I wasn't getting any connection using the Ethernet cable either. Basically, my position from a week ago, where I had lovely service from plusnet had gone and now I had nothing.

All the lights on my router were bright green as they should be, although the internet light did flicker every now and again.

When the sky person asked me to check thee router she said something about there being no IP address being sent from my computer? No idea what that means.

Apparently my call has been escalated to high priority, which I guess means absolutely nothing!!

Has anyone had the same problem, and if so how was it resolved?

Im off to make a placard and stand outside Sky's offices…..

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV

Re: Nobroadband connection let alone wireless

im assming you've not read the numerous stickies on the site which prob answer all ur questions....however, try this first.....

open ur web broswer and go to

use the username 'admin', and the password 'sky' to log in....

now, go to the router status page and see if there's an IP address listed under the adsl port section - if there is, its a problem with ur PC settings (maybe u've got Proxy server in use). If not, then click the 'Sky Test' button at the bottom of the page and see what it returns. If its error 300 its prob a Sky issue, if it's error 200 then chances are you're either still connected to ur old ISP or ur account is being blocked (which is unlikely)....

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Central Scotland
      Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,586 Posts

Re: Nobroadband connection let alone wireless

Also check the LAN Properties (internet TCP/IP) and make sure you are set to 'Obtain an IP address Automatically'. If this is already set, try changing to 'Use the following address' and type in

Leave the rest blank for the moment.

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.