Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Fellow users of skyuser, i need your help!

This is a discussion on Fellow users of skyuser, i need your help! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; It looks like he is not using the Sky router software, I wonder if this has anything to do with ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Fellow users of skyuser, i need your help!

It looks like he is not using the Sky router software, I wonder if this has anything to do with it?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      Naan_H is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: North Wembley
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      It looks like he is not using the Sky router software, I wonder if this has anything to do with it?
      Definitely doesnt have anything to do with it, the problem existed with the original sky router software installed on the router.

Helpmeplease is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BT Broadband Option 1 (not for much longer)
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

When did he move to Sky Broadband?

In my previous post, did you check the logs. All username issues are recorded in the logs e.g. Account blocks, etc

Anyway it could be due to Sky not being informed by BT, that his ADSL line has even moved over to Sky. The order could be stuck in the workflow/system as something to the effect of 'In Progress'. If the order on Sky's system is still in progress then he wouldn't have access to BB e.g. account wouldn't be made live.

If Sky were blocking him, because he changed the router software or decided to use a completly different router, he wouldn't be the only one effected on this forum. People would be screaming.

Another suggestion could be Sky thinks he is using router XYZ (with username XYZ), when infact he could have been sent by mistake a different router altogether which isn't even live on their system e.g. logistics error. This would cause an account block.

Might be worth investigating this, however only Tier 3 can tell you if they have tagged your account to the wrong username on a different router.

Naan_H is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: North Wembley
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

He had been using sky broadband max for 6 months with no problems, at full 16mbit. It is a rock solid connection, the line stats show that too. For some reason his internet just stopped two weeks ago. No change had been made to the software, my brother didnt even know how to log into the router!!

So its purely down to sky why its stopped working, he had done nothing wrong and had never used another router....its only with my investigating that i found out his username and password were blocked.

Ill tell him to call customer services as you guys have suggested, and ask about the block on the line. As for tier 3 calling, i doubt that will ever happen. I guess the best thing now would be to cancel and change ISP.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

tier 3 do call, just depends if they get hold of u or not...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Definitely doesnt have anything to do with it, the problem existed with the original sky router software installed on the router.
      Sorry, it was this remark that led me to the conclusion.
      i gave my username and password details to my brother who entered them into his router, and hey presto, his internet is back on instantly.
      I did not think it possible to change the username password without changing the firmware.

Has he checked the Junk folder on his Sky email, there have been problems with this and it is just possible that there is something there.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

You could always phone up and say that the router has stooped working (which it has in a way), but make sure the non-working details are in the router, and see if they send a new one out.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

if the account's blocked so will the new router...just gotta get it logged to abuse team to lift the block (so long as no reason to actually there to block it)
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12