Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Are they just toying with me now?

This is a discussion on Are they just toying with me now? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; The on-going saga of being without broadband because my line's been activated but I haven't received my router is, erm, ...

James67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Unhappy Are they just toying with me now?

The on-going saga of being without broadband because my line's been activated but I haven't received my router is, erm, going on.

Today I received two SMS text messages (sent to my land line ), the first one announcing the "good news" that my line was activated. The second, at around 4.15pm telling me that my router has been dispatched.

Has anyone else received these messages? Are they just toying with my emotions or are they actually providing accurate information? (Well, I know the first one was right, but what about the second?) If my router actually has been dispatched today, is there any chance I might receive it tomorrow? I know Sky normally use Parcelforce 24 without the Saturday delivery option (or they did when the sent me my HD box), but is there any chance Sky might have decided to go the extra mile (ha!) and pay for that option given the inconvenience that they've caused?

2. Advertisement
      Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Are they just toying with me now?

Has anyone else received these messages?
      Yes, When we moved house and the line had been re-activated, We got these messages left on the 1571 service.

Though I cant recall the second one.

If my router actually has been dispatched today, is there any chance I might receive it tomorrow?
      Sky afaik use Parceline for the routers (They did for our two).
      If it has been dispatched today or whenever, You should be able to get a consignment number from the Provisionings team and directly track it down with the courier.

The_Fellowship is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LNGHL - Gants Hill
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by James67 View Post
      The on-going saga of being without broadband because my line's been activated but I haven't received my router is, erm, going on.

Today I received two SMS text messages (sent to my land line ), the first one announcing the "good news" that my line was activated. The second, at around 4.15pm telling me that my router has been dispatched.

Has anyone else received these messages? Are they just toying with my emotions or are they actually providing accurate information? (Well, I know the first one was right, but what about the second?) If my router actually has been dispatched today, is there any chance I might receive it tomorrow? I know Sky normally use Parcelforce 24 without the Saturday delivery option (or they did when the sent me my HD box), but is there any chance Sky might have decided to go the extra mile (ha!) and pay for that option given the inconvenience that they've caused?
      I got the exact same 2 messages...first one was a SMS to my landline saying the line had been activated...and then the 2nd arrived on my mobile saying the router had been dispatched.

I'm not holding my breath of getting the router on Saturday...but u never know!

Exchange:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

A Parcelforce van just sped past my house without stopping, so it looks like a weekend without broadband for me.

acoolwelshbloke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Swansea Main
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Your router will not be delivered on a saturday!

It should be with you Monday.

The_Fellowship is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LNGHL - Gants Hill
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Fellowship View Post
      I got the exact same 2 messages...first one was a SMS to my landline saying the line had been activated...and then the 2nd arrived on my mobile saying the router had been dispatched.

I'm not holding my breath of getting the router on Saturday...but u never know!

Still no sign of the router

Apparently it was dispatched on Friday...hopefully it will arrive on Tuesday *fingers crossed*

Exchange:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I wouldn't be too sure. At the weekend I was given assurances that all the back-logged routers were sent out on Friday. It didn't turn up this morning so I phone up Sky Broadband Provisioning, and apparently it hadn't been dispatched. "It must have slipped through the net," I was told.

They arranged for a router to be "manually dispatched" today and hopefully that one will turn up tomorrow morning, but past experiences tell me that just because the person on the other end of the phone says something has been done, it doesn't necessarily mean it has been. (Not that I'm suggesting that that's the fault of the front-line members of staff. I get the impression that they're as frustrated by this situation as I am.)

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

In their wisdom, sky sent the dispatch message to everyone whos activation was in a certain time frame; its not actually triggered by it being dispatched.