Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Broadband nightmare

This is a discussion on Broadband nightmare within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all, I decided to take my mac code and move to sky, called them and gave them the mac ...

Hyster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Claverhouse
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Broadband nightmare

Hi all,

I decided to take my mac code and move to sky, called them and gave them the mac and the router was sent out, waited passed my date and then contacted them to see why I was not connected. Thats where the fun started.

I was told there was a problem but someone would call me back (no one did) I then spent the next two weeks calling every two days getting fobbed off and eventualy was told that I had given them the wrong mac code, I gave them the code again and the girl agreed that they had taken the code down wrongly. She said I would have to pay 30 to proceed, after a bit of an argument she said this would be refunded. I then waited and was again not called back, phoned again and went through the same process, Again no call back.

At this point my wife is asking me "why would you want to go with these clowns?" I struggled to form an argument.

The next time I called I was told the problem would be esculated and I would need to rerequest a mac code, which I did.

Again no call back, the girl on the phone the last time I called basicly said that it was a system problem because we already have the sky router and they cant send out another.

I am still waiting for a call I know I will not recieve and although I still want to be with sky broadband, I fear that they are just too incompitent to make it happen.

I have come accross some poor customer service in my time but this seems simply incredible, mistakes happen, I appreciate that but for no one to take ownership of this problem and at least have the courtesy to call me back at any point shocking.

I have spent hours of my time and see no end in site.

Moral of the story, if you are giving them a mac code, make sure you check and recheck they have it correctly, because if they get it wrong, it will be presumed to be your fault and I'll wager no one will even bother to tell you.

Any suggestions as to what I can do from here?

2. Advertisement
      touran22 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Colindale
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Broadband nightmare

dude i no what u mean! they told me theyll call me back like 8 times before i could get my BB... apparently there was an eeror on my sustem and had to be esculated. i went of on one and i made sure they made a comment on my acount to say its been escualted and took down his name and branch. well i called back 4 days after and the error was gone! now just waitin for my router .... hopefully it will come! i no how u feel man!

dtr44 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: halfway wshal
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

my mac was spelled wrong [last sept when i was due to get sky bb installed ] it took 2 weeks for it to all get sorted out but it eventually worked ,the sky system just does not seem to allow errors or delays and hopefully they will get it right soon ,i can only suggest you email their complaints department and see what happens ,

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unfortunately, the fix in the system hasn't been briefed properly.

Before mid-August, resolving the problem you're referring to would take 3-4 months. ONLY once complete would you recieve a callback.

They can put an order through with a mac code, ask if its because it will go into "pre active cancel". If it is, this can now be overridden...

Hyster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Claverhouse
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSx View Post
      Unfortunately, the fix in the system hasn't been briefed properly.

Before mid-August, resolving the problem you're referring to would take 3-4 months. ONLY once complete would you recieve a callback.

They can put an order through with a mac code, ask if its because it will go into "pre active cancel". If it is, this can now be overridden...
      Any idea how it can be overridden?, I have phoned on a few occasions since and every time its the same, The problem has been escilated, we will call you back, no call back.

I don't think telling these clowns it can be done will be enough, I will need to hold their hand.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

in terms of the call back - it'll only happen once the system has updated. In these cases, it can take months - hence no call back...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket