Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sky and BT

This is a discussion on Sky and BT within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I'm not one to moan, but here's what's happened to me so far Got migrated on the 20th August, and ...

bigviv is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Sky and BT

I'm not one to moan, but here's what's happened to me so far

Got migrated on the 20th August, and the phone line stopped working, but the internet service was

raised a fault with BT which took 7 days to fix

once the phone line was fixed, my internet stopped working

contacted customer support, walked through the standard script despite the fact nothing had changed on my setup and eventually got a ticket number with a promise that tier 3 would call me back

no call back, called again the next day, no call back

called back again, was told 5 working days

it's now been 2 weeks, with no internet service, it's quite obviously a problem at my exchange as the phone line was fixed at the same time the internet stopped working

why do we need to go through all this when i know what the problem is?!

luckily i have web n walk with t-mobile which i can connect with to send emails and minor surfing, but what a shambles

is there anything i can do to speed up the process of getting BT to look at the exchange or get it fixed at least?!

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Sky and BT

It looks like BT have 'turned off' your broadband, this seems to be the procedure when a major line fault is fixed. There have been a few reports of this on the forum. You can be sure, if you had BT broadband it would be working. They don't seem to give a damn what they do when other ISPs are concerned. There are a couple of Sky techs who post, maybe they can advise you what to do for the best. Hopefully you can get a quick solution.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

get tier 1 to run a tone test. if this fails then they should move the ticket to tier 2 to log to BT - should then be fixed in 24hrs tops.....should NOT go to tier 3
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

thanks for all that

i just called them for a rant, as it has been about a week without the internet, and tried to get them to let BT know, but he wasn't having any of it, and said that Tier 3 will contact me in 5 days

this will make it about 13/14 days without the net, crazy!

Thanks

ok, call them and say that although u have a ticket open can they please go through it again as im 100% certain if they would actually think for themselves and run a tone test it'd show the issue and they could get it logged.....

trust me, tier 3 should have nothing to do with this unless its actually an exchange fault with the hardware (which i doubt very much). If needed demand to speak to a manager and say can they just run the tone test....

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

the problem is, that in cases such as this, BT should be automatically connecting the broadband back to the line. BT, however, say that as they arent the Broadband providers, its not their responsibility.

But if you look at the problem it is their responsibility. They disconnected the broadband to fix the telephone, so it is them that has caused your broadband outage.

The most Sky can do is perform a 'Cease and Reprovide' which is effectively cancelling your bb subscription and ordering a new one. This is a sort of long way round, as BT would then be forced to reconnect the broadband.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

one thing i don't wish to do is go the long route, as my kids will need the internet very soon

i had the tone test run, but the guy i spoke to (in the Philippines) didn't know how to resolve so i got the standard 5 day talk again

if it takes the full 5 days, then i'll really get it in my ear from my kids!

i can't believe that such a simple thing has to go though all this bull when all it needs is a BT call out

Thanks

did the tone fail (did u hear a lot of beeps)? if not, the case soulda been moved to tier 2 then and there to be logged to BT and would prob be fixed by this afternoon...

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

thanks to all, enjoying this forum!

i called up at about 7:58 this morning, and got through to tier 3, who ran a tone test, no beeps, so have got BT on the case

touchwood it will be sorted by the time i get home

i guess the best time to call is just before 8am if you want to speak to tier 3

Thanks

yeah but it SO shouldn't have got to that point - glad its getting done tho. Should find it done by this evening/2moro

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast