Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sky and BT

This is a discussion on Sky and BT within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I had big problems with BT when i first got my BB to cut along story short 7 calls to ...

rubric is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky and BT

I had big problems with BT when i first got my BB to cut along story short 7 calls to BT 4 missed call backs and a lie to me that an enginer had visited the exchange and i got my mate who was a BT engineer to go to the exchange to find the wires were in the wrong way round!

2. Advertisement
      bigviv is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

i agree, it should never have got to tier 3, but however much i tried to explain to the guy on tier 1, he wouldn't have any of it - the guy on tier 3 did what tier 1 did, then opened a ticket with BT, not sure why tier 1 can't do this if the tone test fails

i wouldn't mind if i had a connection but it was slow, but having no connection is a complete shambles

it's a shame we have to rely on BT to fix these problems, but it really is up to Sky to manage their suppliers

sent a quick email to james murdoch's address, and got a nice reply from someone saying it's fixed

guess i'll find out when i get home

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

tier 1 don't have access to BT Wholesale to log faults - but the initial system they use should ask them to run a tone test and if this fails then pass to tier 2 to be logged.....they obviously went down a different route of questioning, or you explained the issue differently to what was needed to get that conclusion
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

well, I'll let you in on a little secret.

The knowledge system Sky uses to manage the call flows has changed recently, and is full of incorrect information. one example of wrong information is that if you have an Offnet (connect) customer, you are to perform a Swish Test, which is only for Onnet customers.

It might be that this was raised incorrectly due to a mistake in the implementation of the new system, and thats why its taken a while to resolve.

But i stand by my original comment, BT disconnected the Broadband so they should have connected it up automatically. There should be no involvement from the ISP as it was out of their control

Thanks

^ exactly, but BT are annoying like that....

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

well, just got home, did the usual stuff with the router (disconnect for a few mins) and still no connection

hopefully BT will pull their fingers out and get it sorted tomorrow

i explained the problem exactly as i have here, maybe i just got a new guy in tier 1 who doesn't have the experience or something

maybe the training at sky needs to improve

oh and i'm on the max package

Thanks

its nothing to do with what u say to the guys at tier 1 - they have no say in what happens. it all depends on how they decide to troubleshoot it. It should've been: -

You: Hi, I had a problem with my BT line which has now been fixed but my BB isn't working
      Sky: OK, do you have an internet light on?
      You: (Prob) No...
      Sky: OK, I'm going to run a tone test (after some probably annoying basic troubleshooting)
      Test fails...
      Sky: OK, this will get logged to BT and we'll be back in touch when BT have let us know it's fixed. If they mention(ed) tier 3 at any point then they're completely wrong (which might be down to a troubleshooting-flow issue)

It should then get moved to tier 2 to be logged to BT, and they should've been the ones that call you back to confirm connection is working again, but more often than not connection is back before you get the call...

anything other than that is wrong and hopefully tier 3 will report this as a fault in the troubleshooting system to get resolved

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I agree that this was a waste of time for tier 3, but the root cause of all of this is sky managing their suppliers, as in bt. Another thing that sky should do is train their tier 1 so that if a tone test fails, and the customer is saying that the problem is with bt and the exchange, then simply get bt on the case

i havent had a full service since migration several weeks ago, which is shocking

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

well, next in the saga, i just rang up to get a status, and the latest update is that BT may look at it tomorrow

what a farce

i envy those who have a slow connection, at least you have internet access!!

wish i had a consumer website type email address, probably would get fixed in a jiffy, whereas someone who has been with Sky since the beginning, doesn't even get a look in

without internet since 26/27th August....!

Thanks

wouldnt make a difference who u were - it would look like it prob faulty ties hence it taking a bit longer as they're prob moving ur connection to another port in the exchange....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast