Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Just about to order but...

This is a discussion on Just about to order but... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Never had a problem myself, apart from a dead router, which was replaced free, in 6 days. Most problems are ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Just about to order but...

Never had a problem myself, apart from a dead router, which was replaced free, in 6 days.

Most problems are down to dodgy wiring or phone lines, which are hardly Sky's fault. You need a very good, fairly short line to get the best out of MAX, as you do with any ISP using ADSL2+

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Nah Orange is even worse than Sky, my parents are on ornage and they cannot connect to the internet after 5pm mail is getting lost without any reason and all they get from Orange is that they are aware of these problems.

Hey at least once I got connected I've had no problems (apart from the router bust) it's just that Sky (and all other ISP's) have god awful customer service support.

acoolwelshbloke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Swansea Main
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Most problems are down to dodgy wiring or phone lines, which are hardly Sky's fault.
      Well in my opinion it is sky's fault, they are providing a broadband service and if a customers line cannot provide a steady service due to a poor line then sky should not have added the service in the first place!

Ohh and I am not talking about dodgy extensions etc... after all that is the customers responsibility!

I know three other people who have sky broadband two of which are on the mid package and one on the max and they all get daily disconnections too!

Funny enough my router has been up "Connection Time 139:54:28" now that is the longest time it has been up since I was connected seven months ago, a few days ago my line went dead for 15-20 mins, I never called sky to report any more faults as I have given up on that! But I think someone was doing some work on the extchange so they may have fixed or done something which has caused my line to become stable!

So much for it being all my fault and down to poor cable/wires etc... my end!
      Last edited by acoolwelshbloke; 05-09-07 at 06:50 PM.

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

The daily disconnections are down to the frankly rubbish netgear router, for some reason they good people at netgear didn't seem to think that tracking the noise ratio to keep it at a stable level was a good idea.

While I have been waiting for this replacement router to come from Sky I had my old Belkin on and strangly enough not 1 disconnect and the noise ratio was a solid 7db all the time.

Wether or not the new firmware has this built in is to be seen, of course the biggest question is when is the new firmware going to be actually here?

acoolwelshbloke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Swansea Main
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I got daily disconnections using 4 other routers! (Non Sky)

touran22 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Colindale
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

where do i get updates for teh sky router if they come? are they skys FW?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12