Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Switch from Connect to Free broadband

This is a discussion on Switch from Connect to Free broadband within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi everyone I have been a Sky Connect user since Sept' last year and only took out the service as ...

Sludd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry Switch from Connect to Free broadband

Hi everyone

I have been a Sky Connect user since Sept' last year and only took out the service as I was told I would be switched to the free (or Mid/Max) service when my exchange was enabled. My mother (who is on the same exchange as me, in Airdrie, Scotland) received a letter in May of this year offering free broadband as it was "now available in your area"

As yet I have not been switched over and am still paying 17/month. When I phone Sky they tell me the switchover will happen "eventually" as part of a mass migration programme - none of which was explained when I took out the Connect package. If I was a new customer, I'd be getting it free by now - I'm being penalised basically because I was daft enough to become a Sky broadband customer before the free service was available

My question is whether anyone has any details on how this switchover actually happens, so i can arm myself with actual knowledge when I phone, or any other suggestions on how I can get them to switch me over quickly.

I'm reluctant to simply cancel as i use the TV package, and if I get a MAC code, I'll simply have to pay another supplier anyway.

Any help gratefully received

2. Advertisement
      sparkey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01834
      Broadband ISP: BT ADSL2+
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Switch from Connect to Free broadband

Hi when I signed up to sky in Oct 06, I was told by person taking my details that My exchange where I live would be enable to the LLU in June 07,still no sign off it.

I wanted the 16mb and unlimted download for the 10 a month but still paying the 17 for the 8mb and 40gb.will have to wait and see contract runs out next month.

Helpmeplease is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BT Broadband Option 1 (not for much longer)
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Switch from Connect to Free broadband

I guess you have already checked Samknows to see if your exchange has already been LLUd.

If Sky intended to migrate your Exchange within a six month window, they were communicating that customers could pay 5, rather than the original price 17. Once the offer ran out, if the Exchange wasn't migrated it was tough luck (in Sky's opinion) and they would start to charge 17 again.

The mass migration programme, I thought had slowed down at the end of June. From that point on, they were only upgrading a small number of Exchanges a month.

You could try and see if they will offer the next six months to you for 5. However after six months, the price will go back to 17 (if the Exchange isn't upgraded to LLU).

If Sky intended to migrate you, a letter would have been sent after they had moved you to the Sky Mid package, saying that they had done it.