Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ceased but not provided!

This is a discussion on Ceased but not provided! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; OK, so my saga continues. To recap, was due to migrate on the 7th, day went and Sky told me ...

sibodg Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Ceased but not provided!

OK, so my saga continues.
      To recap, was due to migrate on the 7th, day went and Sky told me BT had a 72 hour delay.
      72 hours went, and nothing happened.
      My previous ISP, Zen, worked still.
      Then yesterday BT wholesale told me a Cease had been ordered for my line for that day, pending from the 1st. So it was nearly 5 days late.
      They were concerned that there was no Provide ordered too, so they'd chase that up.
      Later in the evening, my Zen internet died - but my line was still synching at the DSL max speed it used to. Tried getting onto Sky, but to no avail. Phoned tech support, defenitely not provisioned yet.
      This morning, still no connectivity, so I confirmed with Zen that the line was no longer active, and then rang BT to confirm why the Migration had not taken place to Sky.
      BT Wholesale told me that the Cease was 'still in progress' and that Zen had to chase it up for me, as it was this that was holding up the migration to Sky.
      Zen told me they had no further actions to take as as far as they were concerned, they had no line with me anymore.
      Sky were very apologetic, and they are now going to escelate it through their provisioning team to find out why there is such a big delay and why I have not migrated as smoothly as I should have.

Looks like Sky is falling foul of the same old BT OpenRetch problems every other LLU ISP has been.

2. Advertisement
      whitedot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I think this will happen to me. My Tiscali account is due to cease tomorrow and my provide hasn't changed since it was meant to go through on the 11th. In fact, it still says that it is due for the 11th despite the latest update being the 12th...

tuffjam is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: High Wycombe
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Join the club sibodg. Sucks, doesn't it?

sibodg Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

"Regrade is in progress"

Checked the tracker on DSLzone and it said that I have a regardae in progress, whereas yesterday there were no orders outstanding. The BT order tracker says nothing at all. I suspect I will get home to find Broadband tonight! Fingers crossed...
      Last edited by Wheelie; 15-09-06 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Please do not quote the preceding post. Please use QUOTE sparingly if you wish to aim a reply at a user then please use @User Name this helps us to keep the forum tidy and posts more compact. Thanks

sibodg Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Well, it's 'provided' bot not really...

Checked DSLzoneuk again, it's showing that my line has an active ADSL connection, and no open orders. Strangely, nothing works still!!! AAARG!

whitedot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Mine is now working, but it keeps disconnecting and the sync speed is different every time I reboot the router. Will have to call them tmw I think.

philce is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Montfort
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Ceased and forgotten!

My Plusnet connection was ceased Tuesday (12th) and since then nothing.

I was due to be migrated on the 7th.

After several calls to Sky I have had answers ranging from.

The line isnt provisioned properly, I will escalate it and get back to you, yes you guessed it no reply.

The line is provisioned fine and should be ok, have you tried to plug in the router.........

Oh there is a outage on your exchange, BT are looking at it as we speak and will fix it as a matter of urgency.
      How long has this been present?
      Since the 7th sir.
      Strange coincidence isnt it, thats the day I was due to go live?
      Hmmm...
      Am I the only one having problems?
      No, its the whole exchange (EM-Montfort in Leicester).
      Sorry I cant beleve that everyone on a EasyNet connection is down since the 7th and nothing is being done?
      It should be fixed overnight sir!

I have Sync and now the logs say that the CHAP auth failed, it wasnt saying that this morning.

Anyone else on this exchange in Leicester?

Please PM me as I am on dialup and things are SSSLLLOOOWWW!!

CHeers

Phil

sibodg Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      This is EXACTLY the same as me.
      Essentially Sky cant tell me anything. All I got was BT telling me a cease was ordered and due to go ahead on the Tuesday (12th) and that happened.
      Since then, nothing.

It's hard to tell who's actually messed up, as BT blame Zen for ordering the caease and not having it go through to completion and thus holding up everything. Zen blame Sky, who in turn blame BT.

Why are broadband migrations such a nightmare??!!??!!!

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Really sorry to see its still going pear shaped for you sibodg.

To the best of my knowledge if you are migrating to an LLU provider and you have supplied a MAC Key which SkyBB submit to BT wholesale then its them that places the cease on the line and BT normally set it for 3 working days after the official change over date.

Its also BT job to inform your losing ISP that the migration has been completed but they mess that up quite a lot so I called Zen to make sure they knew I had been moved and to my surprise the CS agent at Zen said yes they had been informed that there was a cease on my line from BT for the 12th and I even got a credit not from Zen for 13 yesterday, never had that from an ISP before
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

tuffjam is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: High Wycombe
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by sibodg View Post
      This is EXACTLY the same as me.
      Essentially Sky cant tell me anything. All I got was BT telling me a cease was ordered and due to go ahead on the Tuesday (12th) and that happened.
      Since then, nothing.

It's hard to tell who's actually messed up, as BT blame Zen for ordering the caease and not having it go through to completion and thus holding up everything. Zen blame Sky, who in turn blame BT.

Why are broadband migrations such a nightmare??!!??!!!
      And EXACTLY the same has happened to me! It seems that it wasn't lucky 7th September....

I have no internet service and Sky are telling me that I have a new activation date (now my 3rd) for the 17th September, which happens to be a Sunday. When I queried that this was a Sunday they admitted that it was unlikely to happen on that day and probably the Monday as BT don't work Sundays. I'm not holding out much hope......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast