Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ceased but not provided!

This is a discussion on Ceased but not provided! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Sorry to hear that tuffjam Yes the 7th was a real bad day for a lot of people me included ...

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Sorry to hear that tuffjam

Yes the 7th was a real bad day for a lot of people me included but not due to SkyBB.

Mine was all due to BT at 5pm they went into my exchange to change me over to the Easynet kit and my adsl and phone went down so I thought great not long to wait max 2 hours. Wrong whoever was in the exchange messed up big time had 4 days with no phone or broadband they finally fixed everything on the 12th and now BT are trying to charge me 55 call out fee.

I think someone in the faults dept must be on something a lot stronger than tea if they think I am paying that
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

2. Advertisement
      Gordicron is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Just want to add to this; was told I'd be activated on the 7th it's now the 15th and no sign of any activity. This really is poor.

I'm switching my connection from BT broadband. They've now disconnected my service and I'm waiting for Sky's...

Am I understanding things correctly in that BT is supposed to do the switch? When I called them they told me it has nothing to do with them?!

Sky must take some of the blame here too, though - they said they'd notify me if there was any delay. Well, there's a pretty significant delay and I've had to call them myself to find out. I was told it would be activated before the weekend... well, they're cutting it pretty damn close!

I'm at the point now where if it isn't working by early next week I will cancel the migration along with my existing Sky TV subscription too. We've been a customer since 1991 - not really a clever move mucking about your oldest customers, especially given that Sky have been moaning about losing subscribers in recent months!

If things aren't up and running by tonight, I shall be contacting OFCOM and Trading Standards as this whole situation is completely unacceptable. If sky can't supply the service on the date specified, they should be notifying their customers - not waiting for them to call and then fobbing them off with nonsense.

- G

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      BT are correct it has nothing to do with them it BT wholesale that responsible or to more precise Openreach or whatever they now call themselves and they do seem to be struggling to do the work on time.

Yep Sky should inform people a lot more than they seem to be doing and that seems to be one of the biggest problems on here now followed closely by router problems.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

mickeyb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: leicester central
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by philce View Post
      My Plusnet connection was ceased Tuesday (12th) and since then nothing.

I was due to be migrated on the 7th.

After several calls to Sky I have had answers ranging from.

The line isnt provisioned properly, I will escalate it and get back to you, yes you guessed it no reply.

The line is provisioned fine and should be ok, have you tried to plug in the router.........

Oh there is a outage on your exchange, BT are looking at it as we speak and will fix it as a matter of urgency.
      How long has this been present?
      Since the 7th sir.
      Strange coincidence isnt it, thats the day I was due to go live?
      Hmmm...
      Am I the only one having problems?
      No, its the whole exchange (EM-Montfort in Leicester).
      Sorry I cant beleve that everyone on a EasyNet connection is down since the 7th and nothing is being done?
      It should be fixed overnight sir!

I have Sync and now the logs say that the CHAP auth failed, it wasnt saying that this morning.

Anyone else on this exchange in Leicester?

Please PM me as I am on dialup and things are SSSLLLOOOWWW!!

CHeers

Phil
      Im having the same problems.Im on the leicester central exchange and i was due to be up and running on the 12th.I got the same reply from sky as you ,that there is a problem with the leicester exchange,and the engineers are fixing it!I think weve just got to sit it out and wait for the holy green light of internet to come on.Let me know if it starts to work.

Unregistered Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie View Post
      BT are correct it has nothing to do with them it BT wholesale that responsible or to more precise Openreach or whatever they now call themselves and they do seem to be struggling to do the work on time.
      I'll be getting in touch with Openreach shortly. Thanks for the info! :-)

Cheers
      - G

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Good luck if all the post I have read are anything to go by they will only talk to ISP's and will tell you to do the same.
      Ray

click here

philce is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Montfort
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I forgot to say that the best reply from SKY was that I should "call the exchange" myself to findout what was happening!!!

Still no connection though. If nothing happens before tomorrow then I will cancell and maybe try again when things are sorted out.

Ill try to get the reactivation refunded that I will have to pay to get a new ISP.

What a joke!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      LOL

Thats got to be the best one I have seen so far Thanks for sharing that with us philce

I hope you manage to get connected tomorrow then it would be a shame to have waited so long to give up now.
      Ray

click here

Nutter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Basingstoke
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Phone the exchange ROFLMAO !!!!

You do this by dialing your local area code and waiting I guess............
      There are 10 people who understand binary, Those that do and those that dont

2fast748 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Skelmersdale
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

It's still happening

This is the exact problem I am now having.

I'm migrating from tesco.net to MAX. My go-live date was 8/12/06 (with a caveat that BT are running up to 3 days behind schedule). Since the 8th my tesco connection has been working perfectly and my MAX connection not connecting at all.

Checked BT order status site last week and it indicated these dates were valid: Proivde LLU 8/12/06 and cease IPStream(?) 13/12/06. As MAX still wasn't working last night (13/12/06) I spent an hour on the phone to Sky who went throught the usual ip address and IE settings then realised still being connected to Tesco's was wrong (duh?) "phone Tesco's" they said, so I did and they said "Sky haven't used the MAC key yet ring them back and tell them.." So I did and SKY's response was "You need to cancel your account with Tesco's, ring them back.." So I didn't, but lo and behold this morning my Tesco connection is dead BUT my MAX connection isn't live

If it ain't working tonight (14/12/06) I shall be doing some complaining!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12