Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

some more Qs about ASDL and sky.

This is a discussion on some more Qs about ASDL and sky. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hi ive been reading up about how ASDL works as we are thinking of switching from sky broadband and i ...

arj154 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Media
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

some more Qs about ASDL and sky.

hi ive been reading up about how ASDL works as we are thinking of switching from sky broadband and i was wondering will there be more problems if its a old line? Our house is really old so would that effect the amount of interference? Also would it be better for sky to install it so we have the microfilter put in? I also wanted to know if there is any way of measuring how good the connection is without actually being on ASDL broadband? I am hoping to get the max package as it has ASDL2+

2. Advertisement
      Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: some more Qs about ASDL and sky.

Sky do not install things any different than you would, they just plug in a dangly microfilter that comes with the router, I cant see any advantage in paying them to install it. Line speed checks are fairly inaccurate. Good indicators would be: do you know how far you are from the exchange and do you already have broadband? if so how well doe's it perform? Edit: Sorry didn't notice I think your on cable.

If you are unsure about the line I would recommend going for Mid package to start with and see how it goe's, it will be easy to upgrade to Max but unlikely Sky will downgrade you if you have problems with Max.
      That is unless you need the unlimited download part of Max.
      Last edited by Koala5; 24-08-07 at 05:50 PM.