Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Transferring from TalkTalk via BT

This is a discussion on Transferring from TalkTalk via BT within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; i know, i have read this myself this evening....just seems the issue with TalkTalk arises when they take ownership of ...

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Transferring from TalkTalk via BT

i know, i have read this myself this evening....just seems the issue with TalkTalk arises when they take ownership of the line without informing the EU

so long as line rental is paid to BT then there is no issue who u have the line with - just be aware that if ur BB stops working and Sky say line has been exported then get onto ur phone provider!!
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

2. Advertisement
      Oneiros is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: ESFAL
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Transferring from TalkTalk via BT

Well whether it seems to say it in the fine print or not it is the case that if you pay line rental to someone else you pretty much cant get Sky Broadband.

There have been a few exceptions that go through by sheer luck but basically if your line is rented from BT by someone else (please note that this does not mean a call package) then it is no longer in BTs database and Sky cannot place an SMPF order on it (excepting that it's Sky who are renting your line). Sky does not have the legal authority to get your line reverted to BT, the only person who does is you, the end user, so sadly Sky cannot help with this part.

A bigger problem than this is for people who took out a call package with TalkTalk and had Sky Broadband. TalkTalk have started taking over these peoples line rental as well without asking permission to do so, and there is nothing legal to stop them doing this. The end result being that when they do this the Sky Broadband gets taken off the line during this process.

So one day you have your broadband working just fine, next thing you know you are without broadband and no idea why. You phone Sky to get this sorted and it normally takes a few calls until someone works out what has happened, as everything still looks provisioned on their systems, eventually you get someone thorough and they work it out and then you have to phone BT to get your line reverted and then when this is done (which as previously stated takes time) then you have to call Sky and get them to replace the order, which is difficult as on Skys systems it never gets cancelled and can then take weeks to get sorted out.

Not fun, and TalkTalk are doing this everyday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12