Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Lights on but no-one at home

This is a discussion on Lights on but no-one at home within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; My activation date was yesterday (12/9/06). All my router lights are on but it won't authenticate (Chap Authentication Failed). I ...

bardo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Lights on but no-one at home

My activation date was yesterday (12/9/06). All my router lights are on but it won't authenticate (Chap Authentication Failed). I still have my connection with Eclipse available, which according to their schedule BT are due to disconnect on 15/9. Someone on another thread has indicated to a different user that until you are physically disconnected from your non-LLU box and connected to your LLU one then you cannot be activated. Is this true and would this be my reason for non-authentication? Why wouldn't BT do the work of activating the LLU box and re-attaching my connection on the same day, other than, as I thought, to give me a buffer to sort out any problems (e.g email addresses)?

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site bardo

Not at all phone SkyBB and speak with Tech Support and ask them whats going on.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

The Doctor is offline Skyuser Member
      Exchange: SSNOR
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      If it was the 12th there is a few days backlog from what iv heard on forums but give the provisions number a ring and they can check it for you.
      Last edited by The Doctor; 15-09-06 at 04:29 PM.

bardo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks guys. Phoned Sky support who wanted me to do some tests but as I was at work I said I'd have to wait until evening. Massive thunderstorm when I got home which has only just cleared. On reconnection everything is working - Speedtest.net gives a massive 8444/638 down/up from London server which I've never had anything like before, even on a MAX product with Eclipse, especially evening. I suppose it's possible that no-one is using the Easynet box (Seaford exchange, Sussex) tonight with a few rumblings still in the distance.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well that is good news

Fingers crossed it will remain as fast as it is now for you.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Unregistered Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Quote Originally Posted by bardo View Post
      My activation date was yesterday (12/9/06). All my router lights are on but it won't authenticate (Chap Authentication Failed). I still have my connection with Eclipse available, which according to their schedule BT are due to disconnect on 15/9. Someone on another thread has indicated to a different user that until you are physically disconnected from your non-LLU box and connected to your LLU one then you cannot be activated. Is this true and would this be my reason for non-authentication? Why wouldn't BT do the work of activating the LLU box and re-attaching my connection on the same day, other than, as I thought, to give me a buffer to sort out any problems (e.g email addresses)?
      I have the sdame problem - I was due to be activated yesterday - I tried my Sky Router - I had a solid green light on it to say that it had found a connection but when I went into the Router config - It won't authenticate (Chap Authentication Failed) - My old ISp connection is still active.

I've checked on the BT Order tracker site and it show's the follwoing:-

Order tracking: Order detail
      Account number xxxxxxxx Phone number xxxxxxxxxx
      Order reference DSS195CM
      Placed 06 Sep 2006
      Description CHANGE
      Appointment No date yet
      Date due 13 Sep 2006
      Status In progress
      Last update 13 Sep 2006
      Latest update Your order is in progress.

Account number xxxxxxxx Phone number xxxxxxxxx
      Order reference xxxxxxxx
      Placed 05 Sep 2006
      Description CHANGE
      Appointment No date yet
      Date due 18 Sep 2006
      Status In progress
      Last update 13 Sep 2006
      Latest update Your order is in progress

Does this mean that I won't be up and running until the 18th???

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site Unregistered

Please register as it makes it very difficult to follow an Unregistered users posts thanks

As for your order status the first one should be PROVIDE LLU LINE SHARE PSTN

The second one should be CEASE BT IPSTREAM MAX

As they BT allow 3 working days to make sure all is ok
      Ray

click here

ady199 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leamington Spa
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Sorry forgot to log in...........yep your right with the orders...are you saying that I don't have to wait until the 18th to use it??
      Last edited by Wheelie; 14-09-06 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Please do not quote the preceding post. Please use QUOTE sparingly if you wish to aim a reply at a user then please use @User Name this helps us to keep the forum tidy and posts more compact. Thanks

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I am saying plug the Sky router in and see what happens I know its been said there have been some connection delays but its worth a try
      Ray

click here