Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Speed/Stabilty Problem

This is a discussion on Speed/Stabilty Problem within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Our 'Max' connection has been active since Wednesday. When running correctly the connection is really quick (12,000 or so), but ...

Unregistered Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

So pleased not just me...

Our 'Max' connection has been active since Wednesday.

When running correctly the connection is really quick (12,000 or so), but then slows to a crawl, requiring a router reboot.

Strangly though, a speed test at this point suggest that the upload speed doesn't drop - It is only the download speed.

Very frustrating.

Any help greatly recieved.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
      Hello Everyone,

Great site you have here. I have been activated since Friday and was very pleased to begin with but from Monday onwards my connection slows down to a dial up type speed every night (Usually from 19:00ish but at work during the day so could possibly happen then too)

A reboot of the router usually clears it and returns it to normal for a while but then slows to a crawl again, even loading web pages takes ages. Is anyone else having these problems? Im not sure if I should leave it a while to see if it settles before calling Sky.

My line stats are:
      15323 kbps Down 766 kbps Up
      26.0 db Down 13.8 db Up
      9.2 db Noise Margin down 13.0 db Up

I'm very pleased with the speed when it works but is very frustrating when it doesn't. Could it be a router problem or more likely something with my line?

2. Advertisement
      hugsie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: CMASHF
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      @ bvarsani I had this problem for about two days a week after I was connected. I affected firefox and IE. I could max out my sync speed on bit torrent, but was getting dial up results on any browser based downloads. I tried loads of stuff and nothing worked. Then just as suddenly as it had started, it stopped! I never found out what caused it. If you search my posts on here you will find a thread I started. I think it was called "need your help confusing problem", or something.

Jonah is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
      Our 'Max' connection has been active since Wednesday.

When running correctly the connection is really quick (12,000 or so), but then slows to a crawl, requiring a router reboot.

Strangly though, a speed test at this point suggest that the upload speed doesn't drop - It is only the download speed.

Very frustrating.

Any help greatly recieved.

Paul
      Have you tried changing Wireless to "Auto", my connection has maintained top speed for 24hrs now since changing, worth a go even if you do not connect wirelessly, seems to be a router bug.

sh500 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I've just been through this entire thread; having been experiencing the same problems of very slow internet speeds in the region of 200Kbps at times- a reboot of the router resolves the problem but very annoying.

Prior to SKY BB, i was with BT for about 5 years and never had any problems.

tadunne is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Oh boy my connection is in the can tonight! The noise margin keeps on going below low and it disconnects. Only rebooting helps ! Thing is I've had to reboot like 10 times tonight so far! The noise margin starts at about 7 then drops to below 5 in 15 mins. Anything below 5 means the ppp connection goes down for me.

I've got my router set up with auto wireless and upnp turned off btw..

Jonah is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Mine had been working perfectly since Friday when I changed the settings but tonight it went poo again, requiring several reboots. Arrgh!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234