Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

72 hour wait after activation?

This is a discussion on 72 hour wait after activation? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I had a similar problem when I tried to sign up to Virgin ADSL , my activation date was the ...

fungusfeet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stepney Green
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: 72 hour wait after activation?

I had a similar problem when I tried to sign up to Virgin ADSL, my activation date was the 8th of august, I got the text from virgin saying it was active but my 3com router only showed a power and a lan light and the odd flash from the sync light.

To cut a very long story short I never did get connected, I finally severed all ties to virgin on the 22nd and switched to sky. I'm expecting problems when sky do activate me but hopefully sky might lift a finger to help unlike virgin.

(The 3 days is put in place by sky not BT, it was in a letter I received from them about high demand, BT will start looking into problems after 8pm on your activation date)

2. Advertisement
      jim5000 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Canterbury
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well still no broadband today. I phone Sky on Saturday and they accepted there was a fault (I had to wait till the 3 day post activation period was past before they would do anything).

They did a tone test and because I didn't hear anything they logged a ticket to tier2. Tier2 phoned yesterday (bank holiday monday) to say a fault had been logged with BT for a problem at the exchange, which wouldn't get looked at until today at the very earliest.

Now I just have to wait till BT fix it and get back to Sky (they don't know how long this will be)....

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well Sky have phoned to say that BT have fixed the fault and it should be working, but my girlfriend is working from home today and says it still isn't on :\

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well tier2 are completly baffled. BT gave the all clear yesterday, apparently they didn't find a fault at the exchange and don't know why my little internet light is not merrily turning on :\

I have to wait for a phone call back when they have worked out what the bejezzes might be going wrong, it must be something between my house and the exchange so I'm probably going to have a BT engineer visit our house (hopefully the cat won't go for him!).

I have a funny feeling that something wasn't done properly when our line was installed about 3 weeks ago, BT came to do it in 2 seperate visits sperated by 4 days... seems the most likely thing to me?!

welly2 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Long Eaton
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I seem to have a similar problem to yourself, except that I was migrating provider from Demon to Sky.

I was due to go live on the 20th got the SMS message on the 21st saying that I was activated. Plugged the router all lights green including internet, but lo no internet phoned Sky was met with the wait 72hours spiel.

After numerous further phone calls to Sky and 10 days later, still no connectivity. The ADSL appears to be connected, getting reported upload/dowload speeds of 416kb/6880kb but I'm also getting the 300 error code, calls are met with "the problem is being monitored" any ideas of how I can actually get Sky to actually do anything, apparentley a ticket has been raised with tier 3 but we can never get through to them and we haven't been called back.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

If a ticket has been raised you should be able to call back, quote the number, and get transferred. The only problem is you normally have to go through each tiers troubleshooting procedure every time you call :\

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well tier2 phoned while I was at work, apparently BT had spent all night checking and couldn't find why it wasn't working. The only thing Sky could do was escalate it to tier3, and that could take up to 5 days to get through :\

Tier3 phoned while I was out and did a tone test on my girlfriend, but the net still wasn't working, so they said they would look into it again. I got home and the gf told me all this so I decided to check. She had unscrewed the faceplate to get to the master socket, but only plugged the router into the mains, not the phoneline! I plugged it all in, then left it a minute or so and lo and behold!!!! the blessed internet light shone like it had never shone before!!!!!!!!!

It's all working now, syncing at 10mb a second (not using the sky router)!!! Sky are sending us another router which I tried to cancel it, but I think I will just send it back.

Hurrah!!!!!!! Sky TV and broadband for just 25\month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say, apart from the 3 day wait thing, sky customer service have been as helpful as they could of been, considering it must of been a problem with BT.

HURRAH!!!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Glad you've managed to get online.

I'll get the Mrs to chase them up again today (Sky's in her name) see if she can get throught to tier3.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky support really are useless, apparently the initial ticket was closed no reason given and no one ever called back. So now we've had to open another one and there quoting 3-5 days for someone to look at it again. What clowns, eveytime you have to go through the same series of questions and tests, hello, they didn't work last time so why would they this, grrr

Kayless is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Portsmouth Guildhall
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi, sorry to hear you're having a nightmare... although I'm having the exact same thing.

I had an activation date of 8th Aug, Sky called to say it was active on the Friday night but no internet light. Spent hours on phone to Sky trying everything over and over before eventually getting moved to lvl2 and a ticked ID.

Couldn't hear the tone test, another 3 days for BT to look into it. They fix a fault at the exchange and I get another call to say it's all on! yay!

But no still no internet light.

Engineer came out, had to take a full day off as he was so late he never made my morning call. He said it was fine and that he'd spoke a mate in the exchange and that I need new hardware... ahhhhh

I got a call yesterday saying try after 10pm it should be on, of course it never did.

This morning I check it quickly and I have an internet light for the first time, almost a month later!

Just registered here while at work to print out as much info as I can get, gawd knows what's going to happen tonight when I finally try to get it all up and running...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12