Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Stuck in Pre Active Cancel?

This is a discussion on Stuck in Pre Active Cancel? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; We have been sent this information, so if you are in a Pre Active Cancel Status, please try the following: ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Stuck in Pre Active Cancel?

We have been sent this information, so if you are in a Pre Active Cancel Status, please try the following:

Anyone who's got an order in pre active cancel, the best thing to do is get a MAC (Migration Authorisation Code) and give Sky Provisioning a call on 08702 420543 - Most staff aren't yet briefed on the fix, so if they say its not possible, insist that they put the mac code through for you and see what happens (it can't make it any worse!).

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

2. Advertisement
      justjames is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: THAD
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Stuck in Pre Active Cancel?

Just to let people know I have just got my parent's account through the pre-active cancel problem. It has taken just under 2 months for an order to be placed and serveral emails to james murdoch to get customer relations onto it.
      It may be coincidental with a recent system fix for the problem but when the problem was solved on the account re-entering the MAC code two days ago still brought up an error that the provisioning agent I spoke to passed to a supervisor and the order was placed that day.
      So it may work to get them to put it through and try. When I tried this a month ago after my first MAC expired, entering the new one did not solve anything.

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justjames View Post
      Just to let people know I have just got my parent's account through the pre-active cancel problem. It has taken just under 2 months for an order to be placed and serveral emails to james murdoch to get customer relations onto it.
      It may be coincidental with a recent system fix for the problem but when the problem was solved on the account re-entering the MAC code two days ago still brought up an error that the provisioning agent I spoke to passed to a supervisor and the order was placed that day.
      So it may work to get them to put it through and try. When I tried this a month ago after my first MAC expired, entering the new one did not solve anything.
      Fix went in last week so pretty certain its that

MikeSKY is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      We have been sent this information, so if you are in a Pre Active Cancel Status, please try the following:

insist that they put the mac code through for you and see what happens (it can't make it any worse!).[/B]
      Hi

Does this mean that they know immediately that the MAC code is correct and accepted by BT or does it take a few days.

They had taken my MAC code incorrectly so I gave it again but this was on the 29th day of the 30 valid period. Will it be too late?

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Possibly, as far as I'm aware, the mac code is used to validate the order somewhere between 12 and 72 hours after the order is initially placed. Give them a call to see (rejection letters are no longer sent out so its the only way your going to know if theres a problem!)

skiesthelimit is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I am currently stuck in the Pre Active Cancel nightmare for the 2nd time!!!!
      I first got Sky Broadband in February and in June I moved into a house share where they had BT broadband. Moved my Sky TV to the new house no problem, got my Sky Broadband cancelled at my old address, got a MAC code from BT and then hit Post Active Cancel error. Waited about 2 months, sent email to James Murdoch and got an email from customer relations saying it had been sorted and 2 weeks ago placed a new order with a new MAC code from BT. Whenever a customer advisor entered the new MAC code (believe me they've tried it enough times!) they got "Activation error" message. My case has been escalated but apparently it's in Pre Active Cancel - no resolution time. Time for another email to Mr Murdoch.
      I know I could cancel BT broadband altogether and then place a new order and be without broadband for 14 days but the way things are going I'd put money on it being more than 14 days.
      Any advice at all?

hereticv is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Balham
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

where did you get JMurdoch's email address...I wann send him one as well re this pre-active cancel order.....

lifechooser is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I'm now on sky broadband. I placed my order in early March, but got stuck in pre-active cancel hell.

After reading this thread, I phoned them and was told that everything is now fixed. I got a new mac code (my 4th!) and got connected on Tuesday.

I don't know what Pipex make of it all. After they messed up my billing and sent threatening letters to me in february, I phoned and emailed them giving them a right going over and told them I was leaving.

7 months later....