Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

3 weeks and counting...still no Sky BB

This is a discussion on 3 weeks and counting...still no Sky BB within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; My first post on here, found out about this forum from Digital Spy, so here goes my tail of woe. ...

boab2791 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lennoxtown (WSLEX)
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Unhappy 3 weeks and counting...still no Sky BB

My first post on here, found out about this forum from Digital Spy, so here goes my tail of woe.

Ordered on 29th Aug when I got my MAC code from Pipex, going onto Connect Package as no LLU for me as yet. Was advised equipement and connection would occur with 5 days, didn;t think this was realistic but wqas hopeful.

Called on 5th Sept for update, advised order rejected by "BT" for MAC code problem. Advised they would pass details to a special team who have been setup to handle these exceptions and they would call me back with the next day or so.

Received a call within 30 minutes of that call where a charming lady went through the whole process with me again, I also verified the MAC code with Pipex. She advised that she would have to charge the activation fee again and refund the failed order. She said everything has gone through and equipment would be with me soon.

Called on 10th Sept for an update using the newly found out about 0800 number, very handy. The guy on the Order Status line advised that a potential date of the 14th is on the system and they are awaiting BT's confirmation that they can do this. I thought yes finally on my way, advised once BT confirm date, router would be dispatched.

Called 12th Sept to check if this date had gone through, advised no date as yet but a letter has been issued asking me to contact Provisions on an 0870 number. Mentioned to the agent that my 40 refund has not materialised in my back account but two 40 payments have been taken, he corrected this and has issued a credit to my bank account, we shall see if it appears this time. He couldn't give me any more info on why Provsions wanted to speak to me so I was forced to call them.

Called Provisions hoping they were going to confirm a date when the guy said to me I don't know why your calling, there is no update to give, still awaiting on BT confirming a date but everything is looking ok at present. I had a go at the agent for wasting 20 minutes of my time on an 0870 number when asked to call and no update. He was apologetic enough, when asked when do I know line will be activated he stated a letter would be issued or I can continue to call in. I mentioned the cost of 0870 numbers and why they couldn't call me, he advised they can only takie inbound calls. I could have used a few expletives but decided to refrain myself.

So now I don't know where I stand, in 2 weeks time Pipex will cut me off unless I call then after day 25 to cease the MAC code. I wish I had never started this, I knew there would be a spanner in the works given the newness of the product but it's bordering on the ridiculous now.

Thanks for listening, any Sky employees care to help me out here
      Last edited by boab2791; 20-09-06 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Updating title

2. Advertisement
      The Doctor is offline Skyuser Member
      Exchange: SSNOR
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      If you have heard nothing by the 15th call them, perhaps then bt have got off there backside and sorted it for you, sorry to hear of your problem though.

ps. ask for your call money back and send them your itemised bill for 1.20 odd

me: never I work abroad
      Last edited by The Doctor; 15-09-06 at 04:22 PM.

Annie UK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWFEL
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: TP-Link Archer C7
      Thanks
      I think you'll find thegeek is a member of Sky staff and as such is not giving a good impression of the company IMHO

Fox McCloud is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NEMI
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hes hit it on the mark tho.
      ISPs dont know anything until BT tells them something. Its a waiting game with BT.
      Dont forget, theyre reselling their wholesale bb to the retaier sky.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      You are correct in as much as its down to Openreach to do the work and then inform the ISP but it would seem they do forget the latter part some times
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Thanks

Thanks for your responses. If the charges are so low ate present on the 0870 number, why not add to the automated message how much the call is costing us?

I will be calling back before the week is out.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Good luck and if you have a look around you may find the odd 0800 for SkyBB
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Thanks

Just thought I would update you all on my attempts to get activated with Sky BB.

It's now the 15th September, almost 3 weeks since originally and new order submitted for my service and I'm still no way near an activation date.

Just called Sky on the 0800 number and spent about 25 minutes in the queue, spoke to the Customer Services Rep who tried to help me out as much as he could, my extra 40 activation fee has been credited to my Sky account and not my BANK ACCOUNT, no one advised me about that little fly one.

Anyway he put me through to Provisions and the agent there sounded interested in my problem, once again there still appears to be no issue with my second order it just seems that BT can't be a***ed looking at it or the order although sent to BT has never reached them.

The agent advised he would escalate to his manager immediately as he is concerned about the length of time the order has been sitting there for. He advised if I wanted compensation to speak to the Customer Services guys again, I'll wait until I actually get a service first.

He said that his manager would chase this order up for me, now I work in a call centre and when I escalate calls things get done, hopefully this guy is not full oy empty promises as he did sound quite genuine in his concern especially when I mentioned that Pipex will terminate my connection on or around the 28th of this month.

He advised I should get a call giving me an activation date as soon as they one, not holding my breath for that one either.

Here is hoping the next update brings so more hopeful news and not doom and gloom as I'm fed up bringing you guys bad news, it makes me sound like I always moan on here but I'm actively reading a lot of the other posts on here to see if I can offer any help or indeed soak up useful info for when my connection arrives.

Thanks

3 Weeks and counting...

Well I just spoken to the Order Status guys and guess what, still no sign of an activation date for me.

I called on Sat 16th for an update and after an hour or so spoke to what I was led to believe was Provisioning, but as the agent told me today no customer gets to speak to Provisioning as there are back house, its the Order Status team you get to speak too.

Anyway on the call on the 16th the agent promised to escalate the call to a manager to get looked at as a matter of urgency as I have juts over a wekk left before Pipex will cease my account if the MAC code remains unactioned and I don't tell them to stop things.

As of this morning, there is still no order on the BT Tracker, still no activation date and apparently someone looked at my account yesterday but Order Status have no further details as these will be contained in the Back House system, how crazy is this.

I made an impassioned plea to chase this up again and if possible to get someone to call me back. I explained to her that I also work in a Call Centre for my sins and when I escalate something to my manager he's on the phone to the cutsomer as quick as he can soemthing which Sky should be doing.

She took my concerns on board and said she would email the Provisioning Team again but I seriously doubt I will get anywhere and really should now consider cancelling but fear this will mess everything up for me.

I wish soem reps from Sky would get on this board and help us out or at least fro Sky to acknowledge all our concerns and frustrations. It's time for an email to be sent to James Murdoch, just need to find his address which I saw in here somewhere.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I am sorry to see you are still having all these problems as for you comments about getting SkyBB staff on here they have been invited and we are still waiting for an answer.
      Ray

click here

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast