Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

3 weeks and counting...still no Sky BB

This is a discussion on 3 weeks and counting...still no Sky BB within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; It gets worse but lets now hope it happens tomorrow and as for your login details for the router I ...

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      It gets worse but lets now hope it happens tomorrow and as for your login details for the router I very much doubt they will give them to you.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

2. Advertisement
      SAMBO99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Can someone please explain how sky can claim an order for broadband has been requested of BT, even though the activation date is 3 weeks past, when BT wholesale and the BT tracker site insist there is no order placed with them?

Sky CS are looking at their screens and telling me the 'computer says yes' and refuse to believe it might be wrong in that no order reached BT. So I am stuck in the middle with neither side refusing to do anything!!

What is even more infuriating is the standard 'oh I will escalate this for you' and nothing ever gets done, and what really puts the cherry on top is why am I getting so frustrated over my broadband when I have lots of other stuff to worry about!!!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi SAMBO99

I would say that if the SkyBB system show that the order has been placed then it probably has so instead of calling CS try speaking to provisioning and see what they tell you
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

SAMBO99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      The conversations I had were with provisioning who are insisting the order has been placed but can't explain why the 3 week delay or when it might get activated. BT wholsale plus tracker site still show no order. Who is right?
      Last edited by Wheelie; 28-09-06 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Please do not quote the preceding post.Please use QUOTE sparingly please use @User Name this helps keep the forum tidy thanks

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Ah in that case I have no idea I would like to believe provisioning since they are the people who actually place the orders. BTW or Openreach as its now called was setup to stop these problems from happening but it seems they continue to happen anyway.

So I have no idea who's fault but I sure know who I would be pointing fingers at and it doesn't begin with S I think a cal to Ofcom might be in order or thats what I would be doing at this stage.

Good luck and hope you get some answers soon
      Ray

click here

boab2791 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lennoxtown (WSLEX)
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Well here is my update. As of sometime early morning on the 29th Sept I have been switched over to Sky BB on BT's estimated date of activation after waiting four weeks to get one. The guys at my exchange are usually on the ball with these things. The router still had a Pipex IP address with the increased speed, although for my long line a reasonable sync, 2656 for 62 attenuation and 6db snr.

Also I can now access the Sky Portal, which must be a plus since some folks can't as yet, so I thought Sky must know the service is activated.

I duely reset the router and the ADSL light once again sync'd but no connection using my pipex credentials. I have no Sky Router at this point.

I checked on the BT Order Tracker and it states Order Completed. I contacted Order Status to be told after a 20 minute wait that the Router has not been sent for dispatch yet and that there are problems with router dispatch (not my problem). The agent didn't seem to bothered about this which upset me. She did say she would contact the team responsible and try and push it along. I broached the subject of compensation to be told to contact Customer Services. I asked to speak to a manager and after a brief delay I got the usual "...I can't find one, they are all in a meeting..." message.

So I redialled the 0800 number and after a 25 minute I got an agent from one of the Scottish call centres. She was very pleasant and understood fully where I was coming from and has taken some form of ownership of the problem, an issue very lacking on Sky's part. She checked into the router manifest's for me and could not see an order for me. She advised a letter was sent yesterday to me advising what I already knew and we had a chuckle about this. She has agreed to check the manifest tomorrow when she is in and will give me a call one way or another. She also advised that the Order Status agent I spoke to has also emailed the respective team.

I asked about compensation and she has waived the first month fee of 14 which is a partial costing for the month and she said hopefully you'll be sorted before the end of this period, so overall I have had 24 in compensation, not great but a start.

Once I get the router and I am up and running I will be complaining to Mr Mudoch again about the whole issue.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      @boab2791

at least you are giving them the chance before flying off the handle.

We cannot say they are perfect, as there are too many people reporting the issues. A statement or clarification from them regarding this type of problem would mean a lot though.

Hang on in there, once your on, its worth it!

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Thanks

Well no callback today from the friendly agent I spoke to yesterday, so either that means she forgot, couldn't be bothered or news but she did promise either way. So another big let down from Sky.

Currently using dialup which I detest due to its extreme slowness.

I fear for my sanity now, strongly worded email towards Mr Murdoch I fear is going to be written way before anything gets sorted out here.

If only there was some way to get even a temp username/password allowed by them in the control until your "official" equipment arrives , that would at least alleviate customers anger for no router in their hands.

Does anyone know a way to speed up the process of getting the router.

Thanks.

A thoroughly depressed kind of but no quite there Sky BB user.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Sorry mate short of going to Rugby there is no way of speeding thinks up
      Ray

click here

Thanks

Well I called Sky Customer Services today regading the whereabouts of my router to be told it appears one has been ordered but not dispatched to me as there is no consignment number for it. I was advised to call parcelline as the delivery manifest Sky have is dated 28/09/06 and hasn't been updated for some reason.

The agent advised me she couldn't contact Parceline as they won't give her any info, it has to be the end user. Parceline checked my post code and no delivered are scheduled for my address at this time.

The agent I spoke to has passed the info to her manager he will "initiate an investigation" if no update by Wednesday. The agent has advised she will call me tomorrow or Wednesday with an update, again I won't hold my breath.

I'm off ill from work just now and it would be great to be able to surf the web etc during the day as it keeps me occupied and also can check out my work email, no hope of that on the ol' dial up service.

Will keep anyone interested in this thread up to date when I get more info. Sky's customer service skills leave a lot to be desired, no one is taking ownership of customers issues. I have my whole sorry state of affairs all documented and another email to james Murdoch is looming.

I note the BBC's Watchdog program is returning, I wonder if I should contact them as well. Maybe then they'll get of the back sides and sort this mess out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast