Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

3 weeks and counting...still no Sky BB

This is a discussion on 3 weeks and counting...still no Sky BB within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well I have now sent a complaint email to Mr Murdoch about the hassles I am having getting Sky BB ...

boab2791 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lennoxtown (WSLEX)
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Well I have now sent a complaint email to Mr Murdoch about the hassles I am having getting Sky BB to provide me with a service. I have asked him to consider a signup suspension as well.

I doubt I'll get anywhere with any response from him but here is hoping.

BTW was wondering how do update the topic of the initialk thread I made, is that possible?

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      what do you want to update the title?

If so go to edit on the original post and then click the go advanced button, any probs give us a shout

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Thanks

Email sent, have had a response

Well After sending a rather lengthy letter to skydigital and james murdoch I had a call this afternoon from them apologising for the problems that seem to have come out of my order.

She advised that she spoke to Provisioning and the order has been resubmitted to BT and has now come back with an Activation date of Sept 29th. She asked me to hang fire as I have threatened to cancel my order and Sky Digital as well even though I have no cable in my area but it is the principal of the matter.

I have checked the BT Order Tracker and there is still no sign of this order, I am wondering whether I have been told that to shut me up. Are migrations to to LLU platform only showing up on the Tracker and Migrations involving a move from a 1MB service to BT ADSL Max ie Sky Connect service not show on the tracker.

Is there a way I can check with BT that there is an active order, this date I have been given me is my last day with Pipex, god help me.

I guess my next problem will be accessing the Sky Portal and setting up my extra email addresses which I need for the rest of the family but I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

PS thanx NewsreadeR for updating my thread title.

Thanks

OMG, just checked the BT order tracker and to my shock and horror an order has finally appeared, placed today I might add, so somebody has done something after me pushing a few buttons.

BT Tracker confirms a change to my service will occur on the 29th Sept (hopefully ) with a regrade from IPstream Home 1000 to BT Ipstream max.

Here is hoping, all I need now is the router, I currently use a DG834G and would prefer to keep using it as my brother had a DG834GT whcih kept dropping the Net connection although the router always maintaned sync. Looking at Netgear forums which seem to have vanished this was a common issue for this router, most folks dumped it and went back to G version.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      PS thanx NewsreadeR for updating my thread title.
      no probs Pm if you need any further help

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Thanks

Activation date, oh no there isn't!

Just thought I'd give you a brief update on what is happening to my order for Sky BB.

I am due to be activated on the 29th Sept so I thought I'd give Order Status team a ring today to check on the order.

She advised that there is NO AGREED activation date as yet from BT although the BT Order Tracker states an activation date of the 29th Sept, I know that doesn't mean a lot.

The agent explained I should not have been told a date but I explained how I got a date by sending an email to Mr Murdoch, she still stated I should not have been given one. I asked about Router dispatch and she advised it is with Unipart but not sent to Parceline for delivery as yet.

She advised there is no way they can escalate router delivery issues until the line has actually been confirmed as activated, how crazy is this. Therefore my line may be swicthed over on Friday as planned but with no Sky Router I won't be able to connect.

This is an absolute shambles and soemone at Sky should be thoroughly taken to task for all these issues. If we could use our own exitsing routers so much the better but with no username/password to know off this is impossible.

I fear I will be cut off from Pipex on Friday due to their MAC code usage terms and will most likely have no service for weeks to come.

To be fair though I got through to the agent extremely quickly and she was helpful and fully sympathised with me and said that nearly every call she has taken since 8.00am today has been the same and she feels like a robot and that her hands are effectively tied.

SKY should be ashamed of themselves.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well I hope it all now goes to plan but as for the router problem I have tried to clear this up and have spoken to SkyBB and got no where all they said we are not allowed to divulge that kind of info and I should write a letter to some publicity department.

In all honesty this is the first time I have had such a problem when speaking to SkyBB to try and clear up some of the problems reported on here.

Anyway good luck and I hope it happens when it should.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Thanks

Well I have contacted Order Status again today as I am just 2 days away from what the BT Order Tracker tells me is my supposed activation date.

Sky tell me they are still awaiting word from BT about any activation date and she seemed very suprised when I told her that it appears on BT's Order Tracker website.

She also confirmed no router has been dispatched to me but she advised she will chase this with the person responsible for ordering the routers and I "should" get a phone call to confirm a dispatch date of the router, not holding my breath.

So the scenario I have now painted is that even if BT activate me on Friday and by some miracle of miracles I get my router on Friday I still won't be able to connect as Sky no nothing about the activation date. I have received my "not long to go" letter either.

She did advise that they are noticing a 3 day delay in activation dates, so mine could be delayed but as I say Sky don't know anything about this for my order despite the lengthy notes that are on my account regarding this awful ordering experience.

You would think given their huge satellite business that they would be on top of the ordering process for broadband or let me guess they decided to set it all up on Day 1 and then learn the process as they go, maybe by this time next year they'll have it all ironed out, then again maybe not.

I wish I had something positive to say.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well that did sound like great news until SkyBB said they had no notification from BTW that a date had been set Oh now thats a real surprise NOT.

Sorry mate but thats BTW in a nut shell I am still showing on the BT checker that my order is in progress yet I have been connected for over 2 weeks and try as SkyBB will BTW have still not informed them, so today I called Ofcom and explained the situation to them and guess what after the guy put me on hold for a few minutes BT are now completing my order go figure.

Anyway good luck and I hope it all goes ok for you now.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Thanks

I got an email message late this afternoon from broadband support advising me they had spoken to provisioning and the activation date is the 29th Sept, although bear in mind I was told this last Wednesday.

They have credited 10 to my Sky Account which I have replied back in an email saying is not acceptable amongst other things including the username/password encoded on the router, how stupid. I neither have my router nor concrete proof that my line will be transferred over and ready for use on the supposed date. My earlier post stated I had received my "Not long to go..." letter, I haven't, bit of a typo there.

I have received no phone calls about the router as the agent today mentioned.

Anyway tomorrow is another day....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast