Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

cancelling your contract before the 12 months

This is a discussion on cancelling your contract before the 12 months within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Isitme What Key is this? If it is the one one the router label, it should work. ...

mattbradbury is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: cancelling your contract before the 12 months

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      What Key is this? If it is the one one the router label, it should work. If it is another one you are trying, it will not work. Your best bet is to go into the router settings, wired, and change the Security Key to one of your own. This should be done anyway, for your own protection.
      Yes, that's the one...it doesn't accept it...I've tried 0's for O's, CAPS, you name it, I tried it. Without the correct security key to access the security settings I cannot change it to my own choice. The technical line tried talking me through changing it via the netgear website, as I put somewhere above - it didn't work.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

If you connect by wire you can change the Key, this does not have to be done by wireless. username - admin password - sky.
      Before you try that, try resetting the router by pushing a biro point into the little hole below the power plug at the rear of the router. Hold it there for 10 seconds. Try entering the key.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

terrorvis is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Draytek 2830n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Your Sky router came with a network cable. You are going to have to use that to get into the router and check what has gone wrong.

^^ we must have been posting at the same time!

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

If you connect by wire you can change the Key, this does not have to be done by wireless. username - admin password - sky.
      Before you try that, try resetting the router by pushing a biro point into the little hole below the power plug at the rear of the router. Hold it there for 10 seconds. Try entering the key.
      Yeah, that is what they tried doing over the phone and it didn't work. Cheers anyway.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Do you mean you have changed the Key in the router and it still does not work? If this is the case I would say you have a faulty router.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mattbradbury View Post
      Yeah, that is what they tried doing over the phone and it didn't work. Cheers anyway.
      If you cant access via wired connection either then defiently sounds like you have a problem with your Vista settings.
      So via wired connection you still cant access the net and if you type 192.168.01 into explorer you cant get to the router menu either?

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mattbradbury View Post
      The security key that sky gave me is not being accepted. My laptop says that it is incorrect. I spent 3 hours on the phone to the technical helpline and was told that sky broadband isn't compatible with Windows Vista (hahaha) and also that my laptop musn't be wirless enabled - it most certainly is - it was detecting the blinking router, and all the others in my street! I was evtually told after 3 hours of phone calls that they could not help me. Am I right in thinking they are in breach of contract - because I spent considerable time trying to rectify the problem? Also, if this is proved to be the case - does that entitle me to get out of the sky digital contract as well (I had previously been a customer of this for 6 years previous). This has been going on now for 2 and a half months.

Thanks in advance.

Stressed of Stockport.
      Hi

I don't know if you have tried this, the number normally has to be put in in capitals.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Koala5 View Post
      If you cant access via wired connection either then defiently sounds like you have a problem with your Vista settings.
      So via wired connection you still cant access the net and if you type 192.168.01 into explorer you cant get to the router menu either?
      Don't think it is the Vista settings as I have accessed my neighbours router (with her permission of course). I can access the router via the ethernet cable, easypeasy, but I need wireless.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Do you mean you have changed the Key in the router and it still does not work? If this is the case I would say you have a faulty router.
      No, sorry - I can access the router wired up, and I can get onto the netgear site, it just won't allow me to change the settings. It wouldn't do it when I followed the instructions from the manual, and it wouldn't do it when the advisor talked me through it.

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

So you can get into the router menu? and what happens if you go into wireless settings and change
      your access code? also try turning wireless sercurity off.
      Last edited by Koala5; 22-08-07 at 04:53 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast