Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Broadband "order pending Cancel"

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband "order pending Cancel" within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp this is driving me nuts!! been on the phone to sky so many times now its making me ill. ...

JarredR is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Prestwich
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky Broadband "order pending Cancel"

Hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp
      this is driving me nuts!!
      been on the phone to sky so many times now its making me ill.
      Brief background:
      Moved house 1 month ago. informed sky 2 weeks before my move that I was moving.
      I kept my BT phone number (still at the same exchange). At first I was told, by an ill informed customer representative, that "Because I was keeping my phone number there was no need to cancel my broadband" that was obviously nonsense. had to call back & speak to someone else to actually get them to cancel.
      Ok here we are 1 month since my move. I cannot order sky broadband on my account because they have yet to cancel broadband on my old account.
      there is "a glitch" on the SKY system, where by because BT cancelled my line before sky broadband was cancelled, SKY are now unable to "release" or cancel broadband at my previous address.
      It’s been 1 month now; I've been calling in every few days for a status check on my sky broadband order. Every time I call in I speak to someone, I get a different reason/excuse. but this is the latest I'm getting from Sky. (Called them yesterday)

The chap I spoke to, said it was complicated, and said he couldn’t even tell me how long it would take to be rectified.

What Do I do? I'm still within my 12 month contract with sky, I'm worried that if i cancel they'll charge me for the remainder of my contract. when I spoke to cancellations, he was very cagey. He said I have to write to SKY. he wouldn’t give me any answers. quite funny really. He wanted to know if I would like to cancel my NON EXISTANT service!! when I explained what the problem was and why I wanted to cancel, he said "Oh that! that could take months to sort out!"

Any advice appreciated

2. Advertisement
      chanhoikei is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband "order pending Cancel"

Hi, I have a similar problem with sky (not migration) , but the "pending cancel" status kept getting stuck in their system (please see my post below called "tag on the line")

What I did was emailed the CEO and followed with a complaint enquiry to ISPA.

It seems that it is getting it sorted much quicker.

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband "order pending Cancel"

Once again the pending cancellation glitch on their system, we had it for 10 weeks whilst ordering broadband and to get it sorted we emailed james murdoc but I also fax stormed their fax number (found on back of letters).

It's amazing how quick they'll sort something out when you fax em 50 copies of your complaint letter.