Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Waiting list?

This is a discussion on Waiting list? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; My daughter is at uni in Glasgow. The exchange where she has her flat (Halfway) was activated by Easynet in ...

dauphin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Waiting list?

My daughter is at uni in Glasgow. The exchange where she has her flat (Halfway) was activated by Easynet in 2004. Registered her interest in Sky BB 3 weeks ago but so far she has only got an email from Sky thanking her for her interest and saying they will be in touch in due course. Contacted Sky by phone 10 days ago to chase up - they confirmed the exchange is activated but could give no info as to when my daughter will be allowed to sign up.
      How long should we expect to be stuck at this stage, or has something gone wrong here? She has no broadband at present and having been used to it at home it's costing a fortune in dial-up!

2. Advertisement
      SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      for me it was 3 weeks from registration to sign up but Sky are having delays at the moment
      "To help would be a great adventure"

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Hi dauphin thank you for registering with us :-)

1) Has your daughter got Sky Tv?

2) There is a huge queue to get Sky Broadband at the moment, and to top it all BT have now started backlogging all existing connections.

3) They will email you when they ready to accept, LLU connections were supposedly been given preference. I think they are trying to clear the backlogs at the moment, so hang on in there

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Andy_G is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EAROC
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      The only thing I will add Dauphin, is that dial-up doesn't have to be expensive.
      I'm temporarily with www.fast4.net until my sky BB is active.
      5 pounds per month unlimited access with a freephone number.

Hope your daughter gets Sky BB soon.

contraste is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bloomsbury aka Howland St
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy

I registered (and have re-registered since) on the day Sky BB was launched and have called Sky a couple of times as well and still no joy.

I'm a Sky TV subscriber and my exchange has been Easynet enabled for years but all I get is those frustrating emails which really say nothing at all and are becoming counter-productive.

I understand there is has been great interest in Sky BB and that many people want to sign up but surely the registration process should in some way relate to when the registration took place as it did with Sky HD. It's galling to read this forum and see that many people only wait a relatively short time to get the service while others are seemingly sidetracked by the system.

Instead of those inane 'it's coming soon' emails, why can't Sky say it will be X weeks before we can deal with you? I really would like to know how their system is operating in regard to dealing with those who are waiting, at the moment it's seems random and uncoordinated.

hugsie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: CMASHF
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      I think the high demand may have led them to slow down on taking orders. This may be frustrating, but if they cannot get the backlog down service will suffer.

contraste is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bloomsbury aka Howland St
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      With all due respect hugsie, that does begin to answer how Sky decides to deal with registrations.
      Why have a registration process at all if the actual sign up process seems to have no relationship to when people register. At the moment (and with no useful information coming from Sky to make me think otherwise) it seems like a lucky dip as to when you get signed up. Sky should temporarily stop advertising a service it can't yet provide and deal with the people who have been waiting a long time already.

I keep reading that Sky is inundated with people wanting to sign up but when you advertise an attractive service, what do expect?

Stop advertising, deal properly with the registration backlog, get the service working properly and only then start to take new registrations = happy customers.

dauphin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for all the replies. Yes, my daughter has got Sky tv - I wonder if this puts her to the back of the queue; maybe they are prioritising people who want to sign up as new tv subscribers at the same time??
      She's now had another of the "It shouldn't be too long" emails but at least I know now that there are loads of other people in the same boat.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site dauphin

I hope she gets sorted out sooner rather than later.

@contraste
      Sorry to say but the registration process and the actual sign up process are very much linked hence the emails and as soon as SkyBB are ready to offer you a connection then you will get an email with a BAND number and have 10 days to use it.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting to apply.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

hugsie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: CMASHF
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      @Dauphin

I apreciate what you are saying, and it would be great for sky to clarify how the BAND codes are allocated. My post said nothing to indicate otherwise. What I suggested was that they are not giving out codes to order as fast because of the backlog that built up with BT. There already quite a few frustrated poeople who have ordered, reicieved their router and passed their initial activation date. BT cannot work fast enough to conncect people and they are sometimes being left without BB. Better not to take the order until you can fulfill it, and better to say coming soon than give a date and be forced to let someone down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast