Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

[tag on the line] stuck with sky

This is a discussion on [tag on the line] stuck with sky within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; i wrote a thread here but I think I put it in the wrong place so I wonder if people ...

chanhoikei is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

[tag on the line] stuck with sky

i wrote a thread here but I think I put it in the wrong place so I wonder if people can help me....

Hi, back in June I registered for the see speak surf package with Sky. I was told by my residential management team that I was not allowed to install a minidish so I promptly cancelled with Sky.

Instead I went to join Tiscali and after some hassle I was told by Tiscali that there is still a tag on the line so I went back to Sky to tell them to drop it. I assumed it was being resolved.

Tiscali was still unable to connect and I assumed it was their problem so by end of June I also cancelled with Tiscali.

Later on in the beginning of July I found out that we actually have a communal dish at the residence so I re-registered with Sky and told them to reactivate my account and was told I need to create a new one. So I did, and Sky TV was also promptly installed.

I told them then to install broadband onto the line and I was told that there is still a marker on the line.

I called BT wholesale and was told that it is still Sky that is tagging and a cease order needs to be requested.

So for the last 2 months I have been trying to get Sky provisioning to put through the cease order, which keeps getting stuck in the system.

As usual they keey escalating it to Order Management Team and I have had no call back so far. I have also requested for Manual cease yesterday and was told to wait 5 working days.

I wanted them to give a call back on the day which they contact BT about this problem (seems that the OMT just hasn't dealt with my request all this time since a cease order that was due 13th August is still "in progress" as of today) so that I can check with BT Wholesale to see if the cease is in the system.

I have heard alot of horror stories about Sky and markers on the line so I was wondering if keep persistently calling the SR team is teh way to go (02392899292) or if there is anything I can do to make things easier.

Thanks!

P.S. would it be better if i ask for a Mac address and transfer to an ISP, or would I not get it from Sky anyway?
      [edit: i was suggested kindly by a user to reset the line but i asked BT wholesale they say it won't do anyting to the tag]

[edit 2: I wrote to Murdoch's email and was passed onto an automated email to Customers relations by Michael Ritchie, does anyone has experience with Sky's Customers relations, whether they look into the case?]

[edit 3: I also filed a complaint to ISPA, does this tend to help?]

2. Advertisement
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: [tag on the line] stuck with sky

[update: a reply from customer relations]

seems that they have finally decided to do something after i threaten to raise second complaint to ISPA and mentioned Otelo....*fingers crossed*

Hi Vicky

Thank you for your reply.

I can confirm that I have received your enquiry from the ISPA.

After conducting some investigations, I have contacted BT to have a manual cease completed. After this cease is done, we will need to update one of our systems to show that the cease has been completed. Normally, a cease would update our systems and we would be able to place a new order without any trouble. Unfortunately, as the initial cease that we placed is not looking like it is going to complete, I have sent a request for a manual cease, unfortunately these do not update our systems.

BT will contact me shortly to advise of when the cease is due to complete. When I receive this information, I shall contact you to advise, I will then set about having our accounts updated to allow a new order to be placed. As soon as this is done, I will place a new order for you.

If I can be of any further assistance in the mean time, please do not hesitate to contact me on the details shown.

Kind regards

Michael

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Keep us updated, manual ceases can take anything up to 3-4 months to finalise through all our systems, so if contacting customer relations helps, it'd be useful to know

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

3-4 months??! that's shocking...

it takes only like 5 days for BT to cease the order no?

do you mean that updating it in Sky's system takes 3 to 4 months? I can travel around the world in less than that time!

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

3-4 months??! that's shocking...
      That's not the word for it, but you are obviously a Lady

It may be better if you track the order yourself. To do that log in HERE when the next page comes up, click 'view details'. This is the small business page, but it is the only one you can track an order on. If you don't have one, you will have to set up an online account with BT. When the work is shown as completed, phone Sky and tell them.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

thanks Isitme

certainly I am a lady, I try not to swear unless I am at work

i have registered for an online account...

seems that the last order from BT was 5th of June, when i first untagged from Nildram and got tagged on by Easynet ...*sigh*

TSx
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yep, the cease itself (once it gets done!) is the easy bit. Generating the necessary false cease to trick Sky systems into accepting a new order is the difficult bit, and as I said, for customers who go through the regular channels, can be 3-4 months. I don't know if customer relations involvement makes a difference, but in some similar situations they have been able to speed things up

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I don't know if customer relations involvement makes a difference, but in some similar situations they have been able to speed things up
      A boot in the rear maybe!

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSx View Post
      Yep, the cease itself (once it gets done!) is the easy bit. Generating the necessary false cease to trick Sky systems into accepting a new order is the difficult bit, and as I said, for customers who go through the regular channels, can be 3-4 months. I don't know if customer relations involvement makes a difference, but in some similar situations they have been able to speed things up
      To be honest, they won't have the option for more than 1.5 months, that's max I give them. If they don't call back to me that there are actually humans working on my case everyday, I will go straight to Otelo (and keep bombarding the murdoch address). I know I sound abit needy here, I can guarentee you I am always polite on the phone (well 99% of the time)...

To be honest, I only have a few more weeks of free time as I am off work to deal with this. Can't afford to be on the phone all day with Sky in September when I have to work again.

TSx
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

The thing is that the actual activities are fairly simple/easy - all the cases needing a false cease are on a spreadsheet. This spreadsheet gets sent to someone else to actually carry out the work - the problem is that they may only do this once a month, or once every two months (etc) and only take a certain amount at a time. Constantly calling up will result in nothing being done, as there is no way to speed up these processes that I am aware of :|

I could be wrong though, I'm not on front office, so if anythings changed majorly, this could be slightly out of date, but I doubt it...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast