Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

[tag on the line] stuck with sky

This is a discussion on [tag on the line] stuck with sky within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Thanks , it is useful to manage to expectation for me However, two questions here: 1) Once BT clears the ...

chanhoikei is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: [tag on the line] stuck with sky

Thanks , it is useful to manage to expectation for me

However, two questions here:

1) Once BT clears the order, the information that the line is clear should be publicly available, regardless of whether Sky updates its system or not. no?
      If this is the case, and if Sky is not able to speed things up, all I am going to do is going to go to another ISP, right?

2) The cease was on a disabled account, the new order is on a different account. I know they bear the same name and same telephone number, but surely I don't new the system to update the status from my old account inorder to put an order into the new account? Regardless of whether the system says my old account order has been ceased or not, they should be able to tag the line again just by checking with the exchange, right?

2. Advertisement
      g3az66 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Milton Lee
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sounds like your having similar problems to me. I am migrating to Sky and there is a block on the line. I was supposed to be activated on the 31st July.

If its going to take 3-4 months I will go nuts. Already spend too much time talking to their provisioning team been sent around in circles.

Good luck with it, off to phone Sky again!!!

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chanhoikei View Post
      Thanks , it is useful to manage to expectation for me

However, two questions here:

1) Once BT clears the order, the information that the line is clear should be publicly available, regardless of whether Sky updates its system or not. no?
      If this is the case, and if Sky is not able to speed things up, all I am going to do is going to go to another ISP, right?
      Correct, once the manual cease is done, the line will be clear to go to another ISP.

2) The cease was on a disabled account, the new order is on a different account. I know they bear the same name and same telephone number, but surely I don't new the system to update the status from my old account inorder to put an order into the new account? Regardless of whether the system says my old account order has been ceased or not, they should be able to tag the line again just by checking with the exchange, right?
      Unfortunately, they use two systems, one for billing and placing orders, one for order information (the one which communicates with BT) - the billing system will, correctly, see all accounts separately. The order system see a complete order for a distinct phone number and until a cease is showing, will report an order as being not permitted whenever you try to place an order. Thus, a false cease has to be added to the order information - even though its all a bit confusing.

What I would recommend is that when you place an order, ring back the next day to find out if its going through; Sky no longer send out rejection letters.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks, its always useful to know how it works in places.

I will followup with them and pressurise them to put on the false cease, think they woud have the incentive to do it since otherwise i would be free to go to a competitor.

first things first though, today have had no feedback from CS nor callbacks, and no orders has appeared on the BT status page, so no cease is happening in the next few days I assume..

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

another update: just called Sky SRT to check my account log, it seems they had put through the manual cease (finally!) and got a confirmation from BT that it would cease by 24th Aug (then why don't they tell me?)

So I called BT to check this and in fact the cease is due to complete by 22nd August, and is also confirmed online at BT's website.

I also asked SRT regarding the procedures of new orders, apparently once the line is ceased and checked, the customer team will manually place a new order for me so it doesn't go through the order system (does that even make sense?)

anyho, fingers crossed still

g3az66 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Milton Lee
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

[QUOTE=chanhoikei;91782]another update: just called Sky SRT to check my account log, it seems they had put through the manual cease (finally!) and got a confirmation from BT that it would cease by 24th Aug (then why don't they tell me?)
      Can you please tell me what "Sky SRT" is?

Seems like I need to ask for a manual cease

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

the service recovery team. Overall they are more helpful than some other teams i get put through to if i go to broadband hotline..

direct number for service recovery team is 02392899292

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

and that number will be changed as soon as someone from Sky reads that as they're not direct facing - Tier 3 pass through to them if needed
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

a quick update from CR: might be interesting for others too! CR seems not to know that BT has already set my cease date but never the less.... there is some light in the tunnel
      Hi Vicky

Thanks for your reply.

Normally, a cease can take around 5 days, I expect this cease to be completed very shortly, I have not received any confirmation back from BT yet, so I cannot advise of a definite date for the cease to be completed.

A manual update of our own systems can sometimes take some time, however, I have escalated contacts to get this done as quickly as possible. Usually, it takes one or two working days for my contacts to update the system.

The normal timescale for a new order going live is 10 days. I will contact BT and ask if they can do it quicker, however, due to the nature of a broadband order, the quickest this can happen is usually six to eight days.

Unfortunately, the system that needs to be updated at our end cannot be updated until BT have completed the cease. If an order was to be placed before the system is updated, the order would be rejected before it went to BT.

I am still waiting confirmation from BT in regards to when the cease is due to complete. As soon as I receive this information, I shall be in contact with you. If you require any further information in the mean time, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Michael

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

It does annoy me a little - this should be standard customer service, not something you have to jump through hoops to get

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast