Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Repair Plan

This is a discussion on Sky Repair Plan within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I had Sky Broadband installed in June/July, with a lot of problems. I recently received a letter saying the cost ...

nurtonc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Sky Repair Plan

I had Sky Broadband installed in June/July, with a lot of problems. I recently received a letter saying the cost of the Repair Plan will be 8 per month from the end of September. It was previously around 12 a quarter. The only additional item covered is the box which came with the Broadband package. Surly this should not result in the amout I pay being doubled! I have Sky plus with a Digibox in two rooms. Has anyone else experienced a similar rise in the price of maintenance cover?

2. Advertisement
      acoolwelshbloke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Swansea Main
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Repair Plan

As far as i know sky no longer offer insurance directly, it's via a third party now ain't it?

penrhyn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Long Eaton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 1TB Box
      Thanks

As far as I was aware Sky will replace the broadband box if it fails no matter how long you've had the service.

I think these insurances are a bit of a con. Save your money and cancel it.
      If you get a problem Sky charge 65 to come out and fix it, so if you get one fault a year then its cheaper than the insurance.

acoolwelshbloke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Swansea Main
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by penrhyn View Post
      As far as I was aware Sky will replace the broadband box if it fails no matter how long you've had the service.
      I belive that is the case, I was talking mainly about the tv side of things. Sky used to do their in house insurance etc... at x amount per month per box!

I am sure sky no longer offer it direct but by a third party they recommend or something!

May be wrong though!!

Andrew is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Feltham LWFEL
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sorry to add this to an existing thread, but I can't work out how to create a new one!

I have recently bought an LG 37LC55 tv and would like to configure my sky remote to work with it. I know the code to use, but I need a Rev 8 remote (Ihave a Rev 6).

My question is - if I call up the Sky Repair Plan people (I have the warranty with them), will they automatically send a Rev 8 replacement remote if I tell them my current one is broken and will a Rev 8 remote even work with my six year old Panasonic sky box?

If a Rev 8 won't work with my existing box, do I need to 'break' my sky box and get a new one under warranty? I do not want to pay for new equipment and as I have had the warranty for over five years and all I have claimed for is one remote about three years ago, I think I'm in credit with them!

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Andrew.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

^^^^^^^^
      You are in the wrong part of the forum, but that aside, your easiest way would be to buy one from Amazon

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

I know I'm in the wrong part of the forum, but as I said I don't know how to post a new thread and this one was the closest to the subject I am referring to.

My point is that I pay for the Sky Repair Plan and am therefore entitled to a new remote for free rather than buying one from Amazon. My question is whether I will automatically be sent a new Rev 8 remote if I ring up and say my existing one is broken.

Cheers,

Andrew.

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Also watch out as there are con men out there who are selling these extended warrenties and they are worthless.
      We have been contaced twice this year by them and they had a surprising amount of detail of what our Sky setup was, including that we had HD only a few weeks after it was installed.

They wanted 9/month and they wanted paying up front over the phone at which point we said "no thank you".

So make sure that it's the semi-offical company and not somebody trying to take you to the cleaners.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

If you are on a 'new for old' type of policy, they would probably replace it with a new one, but it may be a new Rev 6. Even if you sabotaged your box and got a new one there is no guarantee that the replacement would come with a Rev 8 remote, although it is likely. From what I have read in other parts of the forum, replacements are usually refurbished boxes, which could come with either remote. As you say, you are well in credit, so you could give getting a replacement a try.

As for starting a new thread, if you look at the top left of the index for each Forum, you will see a 'New Thread' button. Just click this to start a new thread. Sky TV - Sky User - The unofficial support forum for everything Sky! might have been a better choice for your query, as you must remember, not all Skyusers are interested in Broadband, so might not even see your query about TV.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for the help.

I have now rung up the claims number and they are sending me a new remote. I didn't specifically ask for a rev 8 - I'll just see what happens.

I've also now found the new thread button, so if I post again, I'll use that.

Cheers,

Andrew.