Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Frequent disconnections

This is a discussion on Frequent disconnections within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Isitme What you need is an ADSLNation faceplate This allows you to isolate the ADSL line right ...

mambafia is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Parkstone
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Frequent disconnections

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      What you need is an ADSLNation faceplate This allows you to isolate the ADSL line right at the source, leaving all of your extensions intact and not requiring individual filters. Well worth the few pounds it costs...
      Many thanks for this, I ordered one and it arrived today - as soon as I installed it, my speed went up from 1Mb to 7Mb! so very chuffed with that so thanks again, I've also got rid of all the filters which is handy too.

2. Advertisement
      matrixsc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGLNFI
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

What you need is an ADSLNation faceplate This allows you to isolate the ADSL line right at the source, leaving all of your extensions intact and not requiring individual filters. Well worth the few pounds it costs...

I take it to use one of those you have to have a test socket as i don't have one

ianb11 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

How easy is this to install for a novice?

mambafia is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Parkstone
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I wouldn't say it's difficult - although I do have experience of messing around with network cables. I just got a cheap plastic socket cabling tool from Wilkinsons - about 69p (can't remember exactly what it's called) and just copied like for like the cabling to the existing socket.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I take it to use one of those you have to have a test socket as i don't have one
      Although it is a bit more work, there is nothing to stop you fitting your own Master socket. This can be fitted immediately behind the BT Main Socket, taking one wire from there to your new Master Socket, then connecting your extensions to the faceplate. Provided you do not interfere with the BT side of the socket, I don't think there is anything illegal in this. Note though, if you do not have extensions, this is pointless and the only thing you can do to improve things, is take the wire of the No 3 terminal.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Nexus Dace is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Rottingdean A
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I had exactly same problems - if 'go into router' - http:192.168.0.1 ( I think this is right http address - please correct me if I'm wrong) ( uname admin pwd sky) - disable uPNP - I did this, and now connection rock steady reliable, although no longer reports connection speed in bottom-right of taskbar ( no big loss tho'). HOW this makes things better, I didn't get; I read it on this forum somewhere, tried it, & tada - it worked for me as they say.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12