Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Internet light, no connection

This is a discussion on Internet light, no connection within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; According to the guy on the phone, if you logged in with the wrong password itd clear the session. I ...

dawatticus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Internet light, no connection

According to the guy on the phone, if you logged in with the wrong password itd clear the session.

I agree it should have been quicker, either give us faster access to Tier 3 or give Tier 1 better training and let them deal with that sort of thing.

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

as said stale sessions are only cleared from the exchange - and giving tier 1 access to that would not be wise (again, no offence to tier 1 agents)

and no, logging with the wrong password wouldn't cause the stale session....as the passwords are locked in the router's then u can't get it wrong (incase of course ur using ur own router - in which case the agent you spoke to should've refused u tech support). The stale session is usually caused by excessive error build up or a router dropping connecton and not properly logging out of the session - thus tie-ing up ATM session and you can't get PPP...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

dawatticus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

No, what he said was if you could attempt to log in with the wrong password it would clear the stale session. Not that you can, since you're locked out of that settings page (as i complained about earlier )

Dont actually understand that though. Youd think if that would work, itd work trying with the correct password.. I don't understand why the system works like that though, wouldnt it be a better idea just to have the equipment automatically clear the session rather than let it sit there being all stubborn " no, youre actually connected! so stop trying to connect! " - Telecoms, not my area... ill trust you, Tier3 guy was probably just "talking to me" so i would get all confused, say thanks a lot and hang up before i got angry it didnt get fixed the first time i called up
      Last edited by dawatticus; 10-08-07 at 02:57 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12