Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Exchanged upgraded, but I am still paying 17

This is a discussion on Exchanged upgraded, but I am still paying 17 within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I still think that you will only be moved from Connect once your six months is up especially if you ...

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Exchanged upgraded, but I am still paying 17

I still think that you will only be moved from Connect once your six months is up especially if you are only paying 5.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I am only speaking from personal experience. I was on 5 connect for 3 months, my exchange was enabled and I kept pestering until I was moved, about 3 weeks after my exchange was enabled.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

fixer2035 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well I have had a email back from Customer services saying they have requested change to Mid for me.
      Whether my request to either change me to LLU or give me my MAC means they will move me over, I will wait and see.
      Last edited by fixer2035; 09-08-07 at 01:46 PM.
      I have sold my sold soul and joined SkyBroadband

cathalmccabe is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: didcot
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Some good news; after my phone calls and e-mails I got a letter telling me I will be moved over in August.

The funny thing is that it says "thanks or getting in touch to ask us to switch you rom connect to mid"

I was told this woudl be automatic when the exchange was upgraded. That sounds like it would not have happened i I did not ask.

Also, I was told by a call centre agent that I would be refunded back to march.

I e-mail customer support to check this and it is now being denied.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well it looks like Sky are keeping their word as I have noticed there is a BT order on my line for Aug 17th
      PROVIDE LLU LINE SHARE PSTN 1 0.0 0.0
      PROVIDE SMPF TO SMPF MIG. ON TACTICAL 1 0.0 0.0
      I suspect my exchange is about to get a mass upgrade!

Fingers crossed Adsl2 doesnt now fubar my pretty reliable Maxdsl connection

Basey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCKEN (Kendal)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

I just thought I would clear something up, in my previous post I said I WAS paying 5 for broadband connect but looking back at the tree of paperwork I have this is not the case, let me explain a little/alot ....

I signed up for broadband MID on Feb 6th 2007 believing I was getting connect for 5 until my exchange was unbundled and I would be moved over automatically .... all ok there

but when I got my first bill on March 18th I was charged 4.86p (for feb, broadband connect), 17 for March and 17 for April .... not OK, so a phone call later I got full refunds for Feb, March and 12 for April (meaning I then payed a fiver for April) ...

... so I waited to see what I was charged on my next bill, the bill came on 17th April and once again I was charged 17 (for May, 1 month in advance), so once again I phoned Sky and told them the problem, but this time they promised me they would get it sorted and I should expect a letter from them telling me I was being moved over from Connect (which I shouldnt be on because my exchange was unbundled in March) to MID, the letter is dated 22nd April. the letter says I should expect to lose broadband for a few hours while im transfered ... fair enough

... so my next bill comes on the 18th May and would you believe it 17 again, so once again another phone call and they credit my with 12, this has now been going on since that bill (18th May), even though they have said ive been moved over, every month I get charged 17 and I have to ring up to get 12 back .... so my point is this ...

IF SKY SAY THEY HAVE MOVED YOU OVER, DONT BELIEVE THEM, IF YOU CHECK YOUR NEXT BILL IT WILL BE FOR 17, NOT 5 ... Sky rent equipment from BT for connect, imagine trying to explain this to the people on the phone from Sky, it takes about 20 minutes each time, making Sky money, therefor cancelling out the money they pay BT for there equipment.
      So the bottom line is BT get there money, Sky get theres and the customer gets stuffed

Im going to copy and paste this to Sky and there going to get 1 every day until its sorted, sorry to go on but its important

Chris
      ps. im totally happy with my broadband other than being ripped off every month, I have excellent speeds and no disconnections, I wonder what it will be like when im charged a fiver???

Basey

You are around 190 metres from your exchange (as the crow flies!).

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I can understand your frustration and I do plan to keep an eye on my bill (thanks for the heads up) to make sure the billing changes with the package. However your problem is not just a sky problem, I would suggest that every company in the world suffers from some form of fundimental customer issues and some of it pretty basic stuff...and to put it mildly it is very annoying.

I am pretty unhappy about the fact that I have been paying 17 a month where many others have been on 5 and if you have been on LLU on my exchange, since it went live, maybe getting it for free. However as I posted before even 17 a month is still better than nearly ever other ISP in the market, and the proper ISP's dont even come close to that price with the FUP available. I still saved 80 by moving to sky when I did and I will save more now, that has to compenstate for some of the iffy after sales care from sky.

tbh I would rather have stuck with a proper ISP but they are a dying breed now so its go with whats best for me, and currently thats saving money.
      The only thing I am a little happy about is that the extra time they took about moving me over means they may have little more clue about LLU and I am near the end of my 12 months contract so I can get out quickly if it goes pear shaped.

Basey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCKEN (Kendal)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

yeah I hear what your saying, but the thing for me is I was thinking of upgrading to Sky HD, not anymore just because of this broadband issue, infact im thinking of getting rid of it all together, just because of my broadband problems .... I dont like being ripped off

... and I know what your saying about ISP's, I was with Tiscali before Sky and they were complete rubbish, but ive had no problems at all with Sky, but it doesnt change the fact I signed up for MID @ 5 and im paying 17, if anything its a breach of contract

Basey

You are around 190 metres from your exchange (as the crow flies!).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12