Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

A strange thing happened on the way to....

This is a discussion on A strange thing happened on the way to.... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Ok, hope the subject line grabbed your attention the situation is: been with sky now for about 10 weeks, on ...

peeps54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01376
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Question A strange thing happened on the way to....

Ok, hope the subject line grabbed your attention

the situation is:

been with sky now for about 10 weeks, on the connect ? package (exchange has not been upgraded by sky?) was I conned? by the adverts? an hour onto sales? nearly invited the guy to me daughters graduation as I got to know him so well!

right back to THE PROBLEM

Problem is the white adsl box drops the internet connection light now and again.
      I am reasonable I.T. capable, so went through all of the checks, the laptop and pc connect to the wi-fi no problem, changed the little filter, still no go, connected the little yellow lead still no connection.

ok, time to phone that magical number. get thru to what sounds like an indian call centre, now I am use to call centres, so as we start to go thru their script the line comes up

ok, conversations goes something on the lines of you are connected, but I wasnt until I phoned you, but you are connected and so on and so on until I lost it and told them not to bother.

Ok, this line dropping happens 2 3 times a week, all I now do is start to dial 08706 0 and waller the line comes back on.

I have tried this with a different modem and the same happens, so has anyone else suffered the same? or do I fight my way thru Sky's help desk (will threatening that they will never have children help?) and try and talk to someone who is not reading a script, possible has a microsoft certificate, or has actually some knowledge of I.T. or do I just keep dialing 08706 0

I may be beginning to loose it, now where did I put that baseball bat?

have a nice day all of yer!

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: A strange thing happened on the way to....

all Sky can do is pass the issue to BT as ur an offnet customer so we cannot do anything hardware related to your line profile....u need to have a word with tier 2 but im assuming u've tried the master/test socket with no extentions etc.
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket