Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I think Sky BB is great in spite of the problems

This is a discussion on I think Sky BB is great in spite of the problems within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; My line has been live since Monday and all I can say is thet I love it. Everything works even ...

Leon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bearwood
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      My line has been live since Monday and all I can say is thet I love it. Everything works even my old win 98 PC running limewire with no probs at all. My laptop is on a speed rush going from dial up to broadband is amazing. All my probs with sign up are now long forgotten even my email worked first time in outlook. Got to go now it's a big world out there
      "I wanna be a Guitar Hero"

2. Advertisement
      andrew999 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I totally agree with Bucket Head (great post!). I've had the Sky broadband 'mid' (up to 8 Mb/s) service for about 3 weeks now, and I think it's just great (but not had broadband before at home).

One problem Sky might have is that I now spend a lot less time watching my TV...I'm on the 'net all the time instead!

There are obviously people who have had some problems getting connected, and this is one place they can moan, or ask for help. So this forum is likely to attract more complainers than happy connected customers, but that's life. But hopefully it won't put off Sky Broadband employees from coming here to help.

I can't fault the customer service helpline or the technical support generally - twice they've phoned me (on my mobile) to confirm delivery of the router and to check the installation is all is OK, without any prompting on my part. (I was suspicious at first, I thought they had to be trying to sell me something!) And the one occasion I called them I was put through (after pressing '5') to a helpful human within a few seconds.

For anyone with an existing Sky TV subscription who doesn't already have broadband, signing up (if the service is available in your area) is a complete no-brainer!

Andrew

Fox McCloud is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NEMI
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by dingdong View Post
      I replied to youir bit in your message below which said:

I read they as being sky - you obviously meant they as the folks who are complaining. Case of bad sentence construction
      Erm, contextually he was talking about people on this forum, complaining because they (sky) are overwhelemed with orders, and because (customer) is too far from the exchange.

KeefeFox is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: North Cheam
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I think it's great when people praise the service. Unfortunately, my experience has been less than satisfactory.

I was switched from Pipex to Sky on 23rd August, unfortunately, my router wasn't delivered to me until 9th Sept, so I was 16 days without broadband.

That was annoying, but the most frustrating thing was the promises that my calls would be escelated and that I would be rang back that never happened and the general lack of information.

I had to ring their support last night, and although they couldn't pass we onto their tier 3 support people, I don't have any problems there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12