Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connecting Netgear WG311T to Router

This is a discussion on Connecting Netgear WG311T to Router within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello all, got an issue with the new netgear card that I have added to my second PC, got a ...

boots is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Headingley
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Connecting Netgear WG311T to Router

Hello all,

got an issue with the new netgear card that I have added to my second PC, got a laptop which works no problems. Added the new card last night and seem to have run into a few issues.

Tried the latest drivers/firmware which caused problems, so just used the CD from the box and it installed fine.

The netgear software seems to be searching for networks and picks up mine for a second and looks likes its connected and disconnects straight away.

I have the security set as WPA-PSK, however I didn't write the passphrase down the first time when I set it up through my laptop, stupid I know! But i'm pretty sure i know it. Is there any way to get the passphrase or can I reset the passphrase somehow?

Also I have added the new PC to my "Trusted Wireless Station", so no issues there.

Read somewhere else that there is no need to stop the SSID from being broadcast and can give a more stable connection might try that.

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      fihart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Connecting Netgear WG311T to Router

Passphrase is printed on the router -- unless you've changed it, in which case reset the router using button at rear, press for 30 secs with power on.

Otherwise sounds like an encryption issue -- suggest disabling that in the router temporarily and see if you can connect.

Probably not a good idea to conceal SSID -- change it to something unique.